[ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-2009?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12679049#action_12679049 ]

Lars Francke commented on HADOOP-2009:

I have a similar problem using FreeBSD 7.1.

ac_cv_libname_$1="`objdump -p conftest | grep NEEDED | grep $1 | sed 's/\W*NEEDED\W*\(.*\)\W*$/\"\1\"/'`"

A sample objdump output line is:
NEEDED libc.so.7
the sed regex resolves this to:
" libc.so.7"
with four extra spaces in front of the lib name. This causes the lib to fail loading.
Manually changing the config.h works but I don't know how to fix this regex.

To find this out I changed the following line in ZLibCompressor (and the other files):
THROW(env, "java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError", "Cannot load libz.so");
THROW(env, "java/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError", dlerror());
and changed ZlibCompressor.java to include a LOG and actually output the exception message thrown in the native code. As it is now the message is simply discarded and the only message that is shown is "Failed to load/initialize native-zlib library". Not very helpful :)

I'm not sure if I should open a new issue for this last part but I believe it would be a sensible default behaviour.
configure script for compiling hadoop native doesn't set lzo lib name correctly

Key: HADOOP-2009
URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-2009
Project: Hadoop Core
Issue Type: Bug
Components: build
Affects Versions: 0.13.1
Environment: Fedora, amd64
Reporter: Joydeep Sen Sarma
Assignee: Arun C Murthy

Looks like this was already reported (but not resolved on the the list): http://tinyurl.com/2rwu6x
I would like to compile libhadoop on amd64/Fedora and everything seems kosher until I hit this compile error:
[exec] /home/jssarma/fbprojects/hadoop-0.13.1/src/native/src/org/apache/hadoop/io/compress/lzo/LzoCompressor.c:116: error: syntax error before ',' token
the line in question is:
// Load liblzo2.so
seems like this is being set by:
configure:#define HADOOP_LZO_LIBRARY ${ac_cv_libname_lzo2}
I tried executing the relevant part of configure by hand:
if test -z "`${CC} -o conftest conftest.c -llzo2 2>&1`"; then
if test ! -z "`which objdump`"; then
ac_cv_libname_lzo2="`objdump -p conftest | grep NEEDED | grep lzo2 | sed 's/\W*NEEDED\W*\(.*\)\W*$/\
This is not working on my system, since:
objdump -p conftest | grep NEEDED
NEEDED libc.so.6
So that would explain the compile error. Editing the configure script manually for now works.
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

Search Discussions

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcommon-dev @
postedMar 5, '09 at 3:06a
activeMar 5, '09 at 3:06a

1 user in discussion

Lars Francke (JIRA): 1 post



site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase