http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-0.17.2.1-rc0/

-- Owen

Search Discussions

  • Jim Kellerman at Aug 20, 2008 at 11:20 pm
    +1

    ---
    Jim Kellerman, Senior Engineer; Powerset (a Microsoft Company)
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Owen O'Malley
    Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:06 PM
    To: core-dev@hadoop.apache.org
    Subject: [VOTE] Release 0.17.2.1 rc 0

    The 0.17.2 release only had the native code compiled in 32 bit. While
    that matches our current release process, which considers the 64 bit
    optional, some users would like to have the 64 bit libraries also.
    Since the 0.17.2 release had already been voted on, I rolled a new
    release, which I called 0.17.2.1 and that has identical source code to
    0.17.2. Should we release it?

    http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-0.17.2.1-rc0/

    -- Owen
  • Stack at Aug 21, 2008 at 4:08 am
    +1
    The 0.17.2 release only had the native code compiled in 32 bit. While that
    matches our current release process, which considers the 64 bit optional,
    some users would like to have the 64 bit libraries also. Since the 0.17.2
    release had already been voted on, I rolled a new release, which I called
    0.17.2.1 and that has identical source code to 0.17.2. Should we release
    it?

    http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-0.17.2.1-rc0/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eomalley/hadoop-0.17.2.1-rc0/>

    -- Owen
  • Owen O'Malley at Aug 29, 2008 at 9:23 pm
    With 3 +1's and no -1's the vote passes and we have a new release.

    -- Owen
  • Jim Kellerman at Aug 28, 2008 at 5:37 pm
    What is the status of 0.17.2.1 ? The vote was called over a week ago.

    ---
    Jim Kellerman, Senior Engineer; Powerset (a Microsoft Company)
    The 0.17.2 release only had the native code compiled in 32 bit. While
    that matches our current release process, which considers the 64 bit
    optional, some users would like to have the 64 bit libraries also.
    Since the 0.17.2 release had already been voted on, I rolled a new
    release, which I called 0.17.2.1 and that has identical source code to
    0.17.2. Should we release it?

    http://people.apache.org/~omalley/hadoop-0.17.2.1-rc0/

    -- Owen

groupcommon-dev @