hi,
I used hbase shell these days to store some spatial data and found a bug
if you insert into table with column valued ''.
For easy understaning, try to run the following instructions in hbase
shell:

Hbase> CREATE TABLE park(name , area);
Hbase> INSERT INTO park(name, area) values('','1234') where row='1';
Hbase> SELECT * from park;

You will get a endless loop while hbase trys to display the contents in
table park.

I'm using hadoop 1.5.0.

--
Mafish@gmail.com
Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing.

Search Discussions

  • Edward yoon at Dec 28, 2007 at 9:06 am
    Haha. It looks like a easter egg.
    Thanks, I'll fix it.

    Ed yoon.
    ------------------------------

    B. Regards,

    Edward yoon @ NHN, corp.
    Home : http://www.udanax.org

    I used hbase shell these days to store some spatial data and found a bug
    if you insert into table with column valued ''.
    For easy understaning, try to run the following instructions in hbase
    shell:

    Hbase> CREATE TABLE park(name , area);
    Hbase> INSERT INTO park(name, area) values('','1234') where row='1';
    Hbase> SELECT * from park;

    You will get a endless loop while hbase trys to display the contents in
    table park.

    I'm using hadoop 1.5.0.

    --
    Mafish@gmail.com
    Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing.

groupcommon-dev @
categorieshadoop
postedDec 28, '07 at 7:24a
activeDec 28, '07 at 9:06a