Hi all:
I found that I can set more than one dfs.name.dir in hadoop-site.xml
like below:
<property>
<name>dfs.name.dir</name>
<value>/opt/hadoop/dfs/name1</value>
<value>/opt/..../name2</value>
<description>Determines where on the local filesystem the NDFS name
node
should store the name table.</description>
</property>

Does this mean I have a backup of my namenode info? Or this is for some
other special reasons?

Best Regards,

Jianglei
2006-11-24

Search Discussions

  • Dhruba Borthakur at Nov 25, 2006 at 8:12 am
    Your reasoning is absolutely correct. The Namenode writes its metadata to
    all these directories. This setting automatically replicates the Namenode
    metadata to multiple locations.

    Thanks,
    dhruba

    I found that I can set more than one dfs.name.dir in hadoop-site.xml
    like below:
    <property>
    <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
    <value>/opt/hadoop/dfs/name1</value>
    <value>/opt/..../name2</value>
    <description>Determines where on the local filesystem the NDFS name
    node
    should store the name table.</description>
    </property>

    Does this mean I have a backup of my namenode info? Or this is for some
    other special reasons?

    Best Regards,

    Jianglei
    2006-11-24