GMail message, I thought I'd report what I've found in case someone can add
- GMail messages are kept in the "messages" table of an SQLite database
named in the form of email@example.com, in
/data/data/com.google.android.gm/databases (requires root to access).
- This table has three message body related fields:
- "snippet", which is a short, plain text excerpt of the message body
- "body", which contains the HTML text of the body if it's short
(only a few words?)
- "bodycompressed", which contains a compressed version of the body
if the body isn't very short.
- Either "body" or "bodycompressed" is used, not both.
- Almost every message will be longer than will fit in "body".
- "bodycompressed" can be extracted from the database into a file and
converted to binary file, but I can find no archive utility that can expand
This is a far as I can go without knowing how to extract the body text.
I guess we're either stuck with "snippet" or K-9.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tasker" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/tasker.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.