I have recently managed to get autovoice continuous to work. I have got my
phone to turn on the flash light if i say certain commands. I now want to
use autovoice and utter to tell me the time when i ask it. Obviously i
could look at the phone but would be good for the fun of it and also if my
phone isn't near me i can ask what the time is. Also want to do it as its
relatively simple but means i'm still learning from it. I have got it to
work however it says "00.10". How to i change this to 12 hour format? I
tried downloading the talking clock profile from the wiki but this says
"time is 10 past 00" and won't read in 12 hour format. How do i do this?

  • Bob Hansen at Oct 23, 2013 at 12:19 am
    You can do it like this:

    %mytime = 00.10
    Variable Set %mytime To %mytime + 12 If %mytime < 1
    Variable Set %mytime To %mytime -12 If %mytime > 12.99
    Variable Search Replace %mytime Search . Replace Matchs : <== search for
    '.' and replace with ':'

    Will result in %mytime containing 12:10 and taskers say command will
    properly say the time.
    This does not add am or pm, which is doable but a little more involved.
    I have recently managed to get autovoice continuous to work. I have got my
    phone to turn on the flash light if i say certain commands. I now want to
    use autovoice and utter to tell me the time when i ask it. Obviously i
    could look at the phone but would be good for the fun of it and also if my
    phone isn't near me i can ask what the time is. Also want to do it as its
    relatively simple but means i'm still learning from it. I have got it to
    work however it says "00.10". How to i change this to 12 hour format? I
    tried downloading the talking clock profile from the wiki but this says
    "time is 10 past 00" and won't read in 12 hour format. How do i do this?
  • Rich D at Oct 23, 2013 at 1:03 am
    Or.... you can just run this shell command..

    date +"%I.%M.%p"

    This will give you

    10.05.pm

    It does not appear to need root...

    You can change the delimiter to ":" if you like

    Other options can be found here..

    http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?date
    I have recently managed to get autovoice continuous to work. I have got my
    phone to turn on the flash light if i say certain commands. I now want to
    use autovoice and utter to tell me the time when i ask it. Obviously i
    could look at the phone but would be good for the fun of it and also if my
    phone isn't near me i can ask what the time is. Also want to do it as its
    relatively simple but means i'm still learning from it. I have got it to
    work however it says "00.10". How to i change this to 12 hour format? I
    tried downloading the talking clock profile from the wiki but this says
    "time is 10 past 00" and won't read in 12 hour format. How do i do this?

  • John W. at Oct 23, 2013 at 3:02 am
    Here's a quick and dirty way of getting Colin and a/p

      A1: Variable Set [ Name:%time To:%TIMES Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
      A2: Variable Convert [ Name:%time Function:Seconds to Long Date Time Store Result In: ]
      A3: Variable Search Replace [ Variable:%time Search:^.*\d{4}\s{1}0?(.*)m Ignore Case:Off Multi-Line:Off One Match Only:Off Store Matches In: Replace Matches:On Replace With:$1 ]

  • John W. at Oct 23, 2013 at 3:05 am
    Here's a quick and dirty way of getting colon and a/p (and is prob fastest):

      A1: Variable Set [ Name:%time To:%TIMES Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
      A2: Variable Convert [ Name:%time Function:Seconds to Long Date Time Store Result In: ]
      A3: Variable Search Replace [ Variable:%time Search:^.*\d{4}\s{1}0?(.*)m Ignore Case:Off Multi-Line:Off One Match Only:Off Store Matches In: Replace Matches:On Replace With:$1 ]

  • John W. at Oct 23, 2013 at 3:07 am