Cat: None
Data: imto://gtalk/persontotalkto@gmail.com
Package: com.google.android.talk
Target: Activity

Inspecting the new Hangouts manifest shows that the 'SENDTO' intent is no
longer monitored, so this doesn't work any more. I'd love to be able to
figure out how to do this again, but so far my efforts have been fruitless.

  • Bdanders at Jun 10, 2013 at 4:00 pm
    I might be getting closer using these parameters:

    Action: android.intent.action.VIEW
    Mime: vnd.android.cursor.dir/gtalk-messages
    Package: com.google.android.talk
    Target: Activity

    I think I just need to get the right extra in there, but I'm not sure how
    to figure that out. I got that much from looking at a logcat after clicking
    a Hangout notification that takes me directly to a conversation.

    Any ideas on how I might make some more progress on this?
    Has anybody figured out a way to directly open a specific Google Hangouts
    conversation from Tasker? With the old GTalk app I used to be able to send
    an intent to accomplish this, like so:

    Action: android.intent.action.SENDTO
    Cat: None
    Inspecting the new Hangouts manifest shows that the 'SENDTO' intent is no
    longer monitored, so this doesn't work any more. I'd love to be able to
    figure out how to do this again, but so far my efforts have been fruitless.
  • Matt R at Jun 10, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    Try the Intent Intercept app. If you can find something that it can catch, it makes it very easy to duplicate intents. For example, try getting to a particular hangout through the contacts app or something.

    Matt

  • Bdanders at Jun 10, 2013 at 6:38 pm
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it doesn't respond to the
    contacts app click any more, probably due to the lack of a 'sendto' intent.
    I'll keep looking though.