Pent, I'm running Tasker version 1.6u1m with a super simple Task:

1. Action > Variable > Set > %something=1
2. Action > Variable > Query > title: "type in something", var:%something
3. Action > Task > Stop

That works when I run it. If I long-click and Disable step #2 and then run
it, it behaves as expected. However, when I re-enter Tasker, it pops up
this error message:

E: 08:48.45#E: error: no wait data for scene Group Variable Query

It seems to be informational only, as task execution isn't affected by the
error message.

Tom