Hi all,

The resource(machine, memory, network...) is limited, is there some common
best-practise or experience/principle about how to set the parallelism for
each spout/bolt ?

@Nathanmarz, do you ever did some performance&parallelism tunning, can u
share some number? I think it's very helpful to Storm community.

Thanks
-Tong

  • Ivan Bedini at Apr 17, 2013 at 7:49 pm
    Hi Tong,
    the paper in attachmnent hould give you some insight.

    Hope this can be helpful.

    Best,
    Ivan
    The resource(machine, memory, network...) is limited, is there some
    common best-practise or experience/principle about how to set the
    parallelism for each spout/bolt ?

    @Nathanmarz, do you ever did some performance&parallelism tunning, can u
    share some number? I think it's very helpful to Storm community.

    Thanks
    -Tong
  • Xumingmingv at Apr 18, 2013 at 12:11 am
    wow, thanks for sharing the paper Ivan!

    在 2013-4-18,上午3:27,Ivan Bedini <ivanbedini@gmail.com> 写道:
    Hi Tong,
    the paper in attachmnent hould give you some insight.

    Hope this can be helpful.

    Best,
    Ivan

    The resource(machine, memory, network...) is limited, is there some common best-practise or experience/principle about how to set the parallelism for each spout/bolt ?

    @Nathanmarz, do you ever did some performance&parallelism tunning, can u share some number? I think it's very helpful to Storm community.

    Thanks
    -Tong

  • Tong Jin at May 6, 2013 at 5:18 am