Hey

Is a zookeeper instance needed in a system which has supervisor daemon
running? That was how how i had set up my cluster, but now I have a doubt,
Is it possible to run a supervisor on a system without a zookeeper instance
on it ? It seems like an absolute no to me, but i need to be sure, this
picture is confusing me

It shows 3 zookeepers and 5 supervisors.. PLEASE HELP

  • Michael Rose at Mar 12, 2013 at 9:07 pm
    All you need is a single ZK quorum, 3 ZK servers if you want to tolerate a single failure.

    You do not need to run a ZK per Supervisor, and can generally share your existing ZK infrastructure.

    --
    Michael Rose (@Xorlev (https://twitter.com/xorlev))
    Senior Platform Engineer, FullContact (http://fullcontact.com/)