Greetings,

I'm running a topology on some older machines, and I've been encountering
some major instability issues with my bolts and spouts. Some of the bolts
and spouts take a very long time to initialize (some never do.)

In it's current design, each bolt attempts to allocate a lot of memory (at
least 10 MB if not more.) When I don't force them to allocate this much,
most initialize correctly. When I do, none of them turn on. Is there
something I can look into that might be causing this problem? What's a
good way to debug it?

Thanks for the help guys.
-Matthew

  • Kaizah at Mar 8, 2013 at 2:34 pm
    You can specify (java0 memory usage parameters in conf/storm.yaml, have you
    looked into that yet?
    As an example, for my supervisors I use:

    supervisor.childopts: "-Xmx256m"
    worker.childopts: "-Xmx512m"

    Op donderdag 7 maart 2013 13:07:44 UTC+1 schreef Matthew Edwards het
    volgende: