Or we need to be unique in the spout?I am confusion in how to generate the
messageId

在 2012年11月13日星期二UTC+8下午2时14分03秒,nathanmarz写道:
No.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:10 PM, 陈竞 <cj.m...@gmail.com <javascript:>>wrote:
when spout emit a message , we can and message id to get ack feature

however, do we need the message to be unique in all the topology or
guarantee id to be unique in a spout?

--
陈竞,中科院计算技术研究所,高性能计算机中心
Jing Chen HPCC.ICT.AC China

--
Twitter: @nathanmarz
http://nathanmarz.com

Search Discussions

  • Nathan Marz at Jan 5, 2013 at 6:54 am
    The message id can be whatever you want it to be. It is passed as a call
    back to ack/fail in the spout. Internally Storm generates a unique
    identifier for that spout tuple and associates it with your message id.
    Or we need to be unique in the spout?I am confusion in how to generate
    the messageId

    在 2012年11月13日星期二UTC+8下午2时14分03秒,nathanmarz写道:
    No.

    when spout emit a message , we can and message id to get ack feature

    however, do we need the message to be unique in all the topology or
    guarantee id to be unique in a spout?

    --
    陈竞,中科院计算技术研究所,高性能计算机中心
    Jing Chen HPCC.ICT.AC China

    --
    Twitter: @nathanmarz
    http://nathanmarz.com

    --
    Twitter: @nathanmarz
    http://nathanmarz.com
  • Webinspect383 at Sep 18, 2013 at 8:40 am
    does it mean that storm will give every tuple an id automatically?there is
    no need for us to generate the id by myself?

    在 2013年1月5日星期六UTC+8下午2时54分40秒,nathanmarz写道: