I have a Storm cluster setup. I would like to add multiple, independent
topologies to it.
Can I just code up the topology, compile it into a jar file, and submit it
to the running
Storm instance?

Another way to look at it: can I have Storm as a "service" ? Where others
(in my team)
can submit their topologies, kill/restart them, etc.? I think this is known
as "multi tenancy",
tho I'm not sure about the terminology.

TIA!

Search Discussions

  • Nathan Marz at Jan 5, 2013 at 6:46 am
    Yes. Though for running multiple topologies on the same cluster, we highly
    recommend using the isolation scheduler (upcoming in Storm 0.8.2 which I'm
    planning to release early next week). The isolation scheduler allows you to
    dedicate machines to production topologies, preventing interference
    problems from topologies competing over CPU. All non-production topologies
    will share whatever remaining resources are left on the cluster.

    --
    Twitter: @nathanmarz
    http://nathanmarz.com

groupstorm-user @
postedJan 5, '13 at 6:37a
activeJan 5, '13 at 6:46a
websitestorm-project.net
irc#storm-user

2 users in discussion

Nathan Marz: 1 post Jerry LeBlanc: 1 post