I have a strange problem I am working on for days now, without a
solution so far:
I set up a new cluster consisting of only one machine. I can submit
topologies and they run fine for hours, but as soons as I let a second
machine connect to the nimbus, the topologies crash and just disappear.
When I try to resubmit them, they will show up again for some seconds,
but also disappear after some seconds. The topologies all worked fine on
another cluster (Ubuntu 10.04, Zookeeper 3.4.3 & Storm 0.8.0). I
reinstalled everything several times from scratch, but I'm still getting
the same problem. Here's the system and versions I am using:
* Ubuntu 12.04
* Storm 0.8.1
* Zookeeper 3.4.5 (also tried 3.4.3)
* zeromq 2.1.7
* jzmq (latest official branch, also tried the branch linked in the wiki
tutorial, but I had problems compiling it on 12.04 without tricks)
* python 2.6

I have attached the logs, but I can not find anything helpfull in them
at the moment. A NPE happens in nimbus, but I think thats in cause of a
crashing supervisor and is not the cause itself. I would appreciate any
help, I have no real idea what else to try anymore.

Best regards,
Thomas

Search Discussions

  • Dane Hammer at Dec 14, 2012 at 8:01 pm
    Are you managing up the zookeeper jar in storm's lib or just in your
    topology assembly?

    On Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:30:42 PM UTC-6, thomas....@stockpulse.de
[...]

  • Thomas Söhngen at Dec 14, 2012 at 9:51 pm
    The jar for the zookeeper client is the standard in storms lib
    directory. We didn't change anything on that neither are we importing it
    in the topology built.

    --
    Thomas Söhngen

    *Stockpulse UG (Limited Liability)*
    Weyertal 80
    DE-50931 Cologne
    Germany

    Phone: +49 221 470 6026
    Mobile: +49 172 743 5969
    Email: thomas.soehngen@stockpulse.de

    https://www.stockpulse.de
    http://www.facebook.com/stockpulse
  • Thomas Söhngen at Dec 18, 2012 at 3:25 pm
    FYI: The problem was in the DNS resolution of our hosting provider,
    which used static DNS entries which had to be included in /etc/hosts .

[...]

groupstorm-user @
postedDec 14, '12 at 12:38a
activeDec 18, '12 at 3:25p
websitestorm-project.net
irc#storm-user

2 users in discussion

Thomas Söhngen: 3 posts Dane Hammer: 1 post