Hi! I'm new to Storm and considering using it in a big project. I just
can't find info on one problem: is it possible to force two bolts to always
be on the same PC in a distributed cluster? I have one bolt that outputs
very large data sets to another. I would prefer this data to not have to go
over ethernet. So these two bolts should always exist in pairs on the same
machines. Is this doable? Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Kiran N at Dec 13, 2012 at 9:06 pm
    This might be of some help to
    you: http://xumingming.sinaapp.com/885/twitter-storm-how-to-develop-a-pluggable-scheduler/

    Kiran
    Hi! I'm new to Storm and considering using it in a big project. I just
    can't find info on one problem: is it possible to force two bolts to always
    be on the same PC in a distributed cluster? I have one bolt that outputs
    very large data sets to another. I would prefer this data to not have to go
    over ethernet. So these two bolts should always exist in pairs on the same
    machines. Is this doable? Thanks!
  • Dirk Coetsee at Dec 18, 2012 at 1:40 pm
    Hi Kiran,

    That is extremely helpful! More than I'd hoped for. Thank you so much.
    Dirk
    Hi! I'm new to Storm and considering using it in a big project. I just
    can't find info on one problem: is it possible to force two bolts to always
    be on the same PC in a distributed cluster? I have one bolt that outputs
    very large data sets to another. I would prefer this data to not have to go
    over ethernet. So these two bolts should always exist in pairs on the same
    machines. Is this doable? Thanks!

groupstorm-user @
postedDec 11, '12 at 8:17p
activeDec 18, '12 at 1:40p