I have a simple trident topology as such:

IStateFactory state = new MemoryMapState.Factory()

TridentState counts = topology.newStream("zmq_spout", spout)
.each(new Fields("timestamp"),
Java::StormTridentOperationBuiltin::FilterNull.new)
.persistentAggregate(state, new Count(), new Fields("count"))

I am trying to build a DRPC stream to access the current count, but
whatever I use to access this data throws a java.lang.NullPointerException.

topology.newDRPCStream("count")
.stateQuery(counts, Fields.new("args"), new MapGet, new
Fields("count"))

I feel that I'm doing something wrong using MapGet here, but I don't see a
way to retrive the count via another means? SnapshotGet also fails with the
same error.

I still get an error if I add a groupBy and attempt to access it by a known
field.

I tried this on storm 0.8.1 and 0.8.2-wip15

groupstorm-user @
postedDec 10, '12 at 7:23a
activeDec 10, '12 at 7:23a
websitestorm-project.net