I am trying to use the Nimbus thrift API to get the current acc/fail
ratio of my topologies in Java, using the "NimbusClient" helper class.
Since there is no documentation of the API so far, I tried to figure it
out by looking into storm/ui/core.clj and the storm.thrift files,
unfortunately without success so far. I am not familiar with clojure,
which makes reading the ui source very hard.

I found a class "BoltStats" in storm.generated, which contains the
methods get_acked_size and get_failed_size, but I have no idea how to
get this stats class from a NimbusClient object. What is the best way to
get these stats?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Thomas

Search Discussions

  • Thomas Söhngen at Dec 7, 2012 at 4:47 pm
    After some more tweaking I figured out this way:

    new
    NimbusClient("YOUR_IP").getClient().getTopologyInfo("YOUR_TOPOLOGY_ID").get_executors().get(0).get_stats().get_emitted().get("600").get("__ack_ack");

    This returns the number of acks in the last 10 minutes of the first
    executor in "your_topology". Looks like this needs some documentation :)

    Regards,
    Thomas

    I am trying to use the Nimbus thrift API to get the current acc/fail
    ratio of my topologies in Java, using the "NimbusClient" helper class.
    Since there is no documentation of the API so far, I tried to figure
    it out by looking into storm/ui/core.clj and the storm.thrift files,
    unfortunately without success so far. I am not familiar with clojure,
    which makes reading the ui source very hard.

    I found a class "BoltStats" in storm.generated, which contains the
    methods get_acked_size and get_failed_size, but I have no idea how to
    get this stats class from a NimbusClient object. What is the best way
    to get these stats?

    Thanks in advance for your help,
    Thomas

groupstorm-user @