I have system which process events from a website ,analyzes the patterns
and stores it in database.

The database records are keyed with account_number. When multiple events
related to the account happens on web, the events try to update the (same)
record in the database ( the one related to the account). This results in
conflicts while updating.

I use optimistic locking. And its very hard to resolve conflicts.

Is there a way that storm can solve this problem.
I'm a newbie.

Search Discussions

  • Philip O'Toole at Dec 7, 2012 at 4:31 am

    I have system which process events from a website ,analyzes the patterns and
    stores it in database.

    The database records are keyed with account_number. When multiple events
    related to the account happens on web, the events try to update the (same)
    record in the database ( the one related to the account). This results in
    conflicts while updating.

    I use optimistic locking. And its very hard to resolve conflicts.

    Is there a way that storm can solve this problem.
    I'm a newbie.
    Sounds like to me you should use "Field Grouping" on the
    account_number. That way only 1 bolt (i.e. task) access that record in
    the database.

    https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm/wiki/Concepts

    Philip

groupstorm-user @