I am having problems with the storm-deploy, I always receive the following
error late in the deployment process:

Exception in thread "main" org.jclouds.rest.ResourceNotFoundException:
Unable to find group 'jclouds#supervisor-mycluster#us-east-1'
(NO_SOURCE_FILE:1)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:5440)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:5415)
at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:5391)
at clojure.core$eval.invoke(core.clj:2382)
at clojure.main$eval_opt.invoke(main.clj:235)
at clojure.main$initialize.invoke(main.clj:254)
at clojure.main$null_opt.invoke(main.clj:279)
at clojure.main$main.doInvoke(main.clj:354)
at clojure.lang.RestFn.invoke(RestFn.java:422)
at clojure.lang.Var.invoke(Var.java:369)
at clojure.lang.AFn.applyToHelper(AFn.java:165)
at clojure.lang.Var.applyTo(Var.java:482)
at clojure.main.main(main.java:37)
Caused by: org.jclouds.rest.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find group
'jclouds#supervisor-mycluster#us-east-1'
at
org.jclouds.aws.handlers.ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.refineException(ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.java:103)
at
org.jclouds.aws.handlers.ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.handleError(ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.java:88)
at
org.jclouds.http.handlers.DelegatingErrorHandler.handleError(DelegatingErrorHandler.java:69)
at
org.jclouds.http.internal.BaseHttpCommandExecutorService$HttpResponseCallable.shouldContinue(BaseHttpCommandExecutorService.java:200)
at
org.jclouds.http.internal.BaseHttpCommandExecutorService$HttpResponseCallable.call(BaseHttpCommandExecutorService.java:165)
at
org.jclouds.http.internal.BaseHttpCommandExecutorService$HttpResponseCallable.call(BaseHttpCommandExecutorService.java:134)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)
Caused by: org.jclouds.aws.AWSResponseException: request POST
https://ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1 failed with code 400, error:
AWSError{requestId='1dae3c5b-8a9e-4f4c-a157-a1c75b474457',
requestToken='null', code='InvalidGroup.NotFound', message='Unable to find
group 'jclouds#supervisor-mycluster#us-east-1'', context='{Response=,
Errors=}'}
at
org.jclouds.aws.handlers.ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.handleError(ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.java:74)
... 9 more

I suspect that there is something not quite right with my AWS permissions,
but I am not quite sure how to fix.

Does anyone have any idea as to how to fix this?

My config.clj:
(defpallet
:services
{
:default {
:blobstore-provider "aws-s3"
:provider "aws-ec2"
:environment {:user {:username "storm" ; this must be "storm"
:private-key-path
"/Users/admin/.ssh/id_rsa"
:public-key-path
"/Users/admin/.ssh/id_rsa.pub"}
:aws-user-id "My_Name"}
:identity "XXXXXX"
:credential "XXXXXX"
:jclouds.regions "us-east-1"
}
})

Search Discussions

  • Ryan Ebanks at Dec 18, 2012 at 12:43 am
    Hi,

    I am having the exact same problem with storm-deploy. Where you ever able
    to find a solution to this problem?

    Thanks for your help,
    Ryan
[...]

  • Daniel Myers at Jan 7, 2013 at 4:01 pm
    Has anyone found a solution to this. For me it seems this occurs when
    trying to attach to a cluster. I think you see it happening at the
    end of deployment because after the cluster is up and running, the
    script attempts to attach to the newly brought up cluster. I can
    still submit topologies but it is frustrating as I have to port
    forward to get the web interfaces - the main reason i bothered trying
    storm-deploy.
    Dan
[...]

    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.j ava:886)
    at
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 908)
[...]
  • Daniel Myers at Feb 14, 2013 at 9:01 pm
    This fixed this problem, now I only have issues attaching to clusters
[...]

    java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
[...]
  • Daniel Myers at Feb 14, 2013 at 9:02 pm
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/storm-user/_gBr3QDZoiw

    This solved my problems, now I only have issues attaching to my cluster.
    At least I can submit topologies now...
[...]

  • Jason Lee at Dec 18, 2012 at 8:09 pm
    Quinton, or others:

    Has anyone found a solution for this? I tried to use storm-deploy, with as
    many defaults as possible, on AWS EC2 us-east-1, and I'm getting the exact
    same error. I've tried to deploy with lein using storm 0.8.1 and 0.7.4,
    and the storm release (at least between these two versions) seems to have
    no effect.

    Any advice would be welcome.

    Thanks,
    Jason Lee