In an AWS cluster, one of the great things is that you can scale out
automatically when the load increases. The CLI for storm allows for
rebalancing after I have brought up my newly provisioned nodes, but my
question relates to system availability during this time.

Am I correct in saying that workers stop during this time? I.e. if I wanted
to make the system seem available I would have to ensure this time is
sufficiently small and use Asynch comms, but I have no way of making it
100% available during this time?

What has your approach been to upgrades in respect of availability?

Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Nathan Marz at Dec 6, 2012 at 9:51 pm
    Rebalancing, at least w.r.t. availability, is the same as the workers dying
    and getting restarted. So typically this means there will be 15-20 seconds
    of downtime.

    --
    Twitter: @nathanmarz
    http://nathanmarz.com

groupstorm-user @
postedDec 6, '12 at 9:47p
activeDec 6, '12 at 9:51p
websitestorm-project.net
irc#storm-user

2 users in discussion

Nathan Marz: 1 post Quinton Anderson: 1 post