Hi All,
Here is my usecase..
Library X provides certain functionality and is a scala library.

My usecase
1) I have a storm topology and my bolt tries to use the functionality
provided by X.

Problem:
1) If I try to run the application in local mode it runs fine and I am able
to call all the api's provided by X..
2) If I try to run the same application using the jar created with
dependencies it doesn't work . ( I always get null)

FYI : The input to the methods are the same in both the case..
Am I missing something??

Thanks,
Shrikar

Search Discussions

  • Evan Chan at Dec 6, 2012 at 7:15 pm
    What is the library and what are the dependencies?
    Library X provides certain functionality and is a scala library.

    My usecase
    1) I have a storm topology and my bolt tries to use the functionality
    provided by X.

    Problem:
    1) If I try to run the application in local mode it runs fine and I am
    able to call all the api's provided by X..
    2) If I try to run the same application using the jar created with
    dependencies it doesn't work . ( I always get null)

    FYI : The input to the methods are the same in both the case..
    Am I missing something??

    Thanks,
    Shrikar
  • Shrikar archak at Dec 6, 2012 at 7:25 pm
    https://github.com/jiminoc/goose This is the library which I am trying to
    use..

    By dependency I mean the fat jar created by storm which includes all the
    dependent jar for running the application.

    Thanks,
    Shrikar
    What is the library and what are the dependencies?
    Library X provides certain functionality and is a scala library.

    My usecase
    1) I have a storm topology and my bolt tries to use the functionality
    provided by X.

    Problem:
    1) If I try to run the application in local mode it runs fine and I am
    able to call all the api's provided by X..
    2) If I try to run the same application using the jar created with
    dependencies it doesn't work . ( I always get null)

    FYI : The input to the methods are the same in both the case..
    Am I missing something??

    Thanks,
    Shrikar
  • Shrikar archak at Dec 6, 2012 at 7:26 pm
    Also I am using storm 0.8.1
[...]

  • Evan Chan at Dec 7, 2012 at 9:01 pm
    I see that this uses common-lang, common-io and some other libraries. It's
    very likely that the Storm distro you're using includes conflicting
    dependency versions, and because of the way the supervisor specifies the
    classpath when invoking child workers, Storm's jars override the ones you
    include in your fat jar.

    We had a similar issue with guava, used by astyanax.

    -Evan

[...]

groupstorm-user @
postedDec 6, '12 at 8:27a
activeDec 7, '12 at 9:01p
websitestorm-project.net
irc#storm-user

2 users in discussion

Shrikar archak: 3 posts Evan Chan: 2 posts