I've long thought that having 2 roles isn't enough for any sizable Spree store. Most companies have employees who need access to the Admin for Customer Service purposes: Order Management, Password Resets?, etc. but shouldn't have access to change store configuration. Things are architected in a way that makes defining custom roles easy, but if there's a sane default we can include, I think it would improve the Spree experience.

What I'd like, is to hear how people have used Spree roles. Are there roles you've created with particular access you'd be willing to share? Is there desire for an additional role?
---
Andrew Hooker
Lead Support Engineer
Spree Commerce, Inc.

Search Discussions

  • Robert Balousek at Oct 4, 2013 at 6:08 pm
    We have a team comprising of a dozen+ teams with various roles and
    permissions needed. For example: CS, Ecom, Operations, Accounting, Admins,
    etc. We could definitely use more customization in this regard.

    Honestly, I would like to have an easy way to manage roles in the admin. I
    would like to be able to create new roles, assign privileges to the roles
    for not only standard spree resources but extension resources as well.
    I've long thought that having 2 roles isn't enough for any sizable Spree
    store. Most companies have employees who need access to the Admin for
    Customer Service purposes: Order Management, Password Resets?, etc. but
    shouldn't have access to change store configuration. Things are architected
    in a way that makes defining custom roles easy, but if there's a sane
    default we can include, I think it would improve the Spree experience.

    What I'd like, is to hear how people have used Spree roles. Are there
    roles you've created with particular access you'd be willing to share? Is
    there desire for an additional role?
    ---
    Andrew Hooker
    Lead Support Engineer
    Spree Commerce, Inc.

groupspree-user @
categoriesrubyonrails
postedOct 4, '13 at 1:52p
activeOct 4, '13 at 6:08p
websitespreecommerce.com
irc#RubyOnRails

2 users in discussion

Andrew Hooker: 1 post Robert Balousek: 1 post