This is a two-part question.

1) Do I have to create a Tax Zone for each county in the state of Ohio, in
order to charge the proper sales tax to Ohio buyers?
2) How does Spree know what County/Tax Zone a buyer is located in? I've
seen nothing in their documentation about how this works.

Thanks to anyone who can help me understand how to set my company up to
collect sales tax through Spree!

Mike

Search Discussions

  • Nate Lowrie at Sep 25, 2013 at 8:10 pm
    I think you want to look at the Tax Cloud extension for spree for this.

    On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 3:54:36 PM UTC-4, mblan...@quezmedia.com
    1) Do I have to create a Tax Zone for each county in the state of Ohio, in
    order to charge the proper sales tax to Ohio buyers?
    2) How does Spree know what County/Tax Zone a buyer is located in? I've
    seen nothing in their documentation about how this works.

    Thanks to anyone who can help me understand how to set my company up to
    collect sales tax through Spree!

    Mike
  • Ryan Bigg at Sep 27, 2013 at 2:07 am
    I have added a note in the first section of the Taxation Guide (
    http://guides.spreecommerce.com/developer/taxation.html) to recommend using
    the Tax Cloud extension now.

    --

    Ryan Bigg