Hey guys,

What the best practice approach for loading master/config data such as Tax
Categories, Tax rates, etc. (All the config items that cant be done via
https://github.com/spree/spree/blob/master/core/app/models/spree/app_configuration.rb
)

Thanks heaps!

Metta,
Luke Hamilton

+61 0430223558
@lukekhamilton

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – *Lao Tzu*

Search Discussions

  • Ryan Bigg at Aug 26, 2013 at 12:43 am
    Hi Luke,

    The tax categories and tax rates should be done in db/seeds.rb, as they are
    database records rather than `Spree::Config` values. Anything that sets a
    configuration variable should go inside `config/initializers/spree.rb`.

    I hope that clears things up for you.

    --

    Ryan Bigg
    Community Manager