I understand i18n support in Spree 2.0 is great. However, what about
translations of data for storefront if it is bi-lingual e.g. product name
(in English as well as Arabic). Is there any support for this in Spree 2.0
or is there any guideline/suggestion?

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Dana Jones at May 30, 2013 at 3:27 am
    I don't know how fully-featured it is, but there is this plugin that at least alludes to what you're trying to accomplish: https://github.com/jipiboily/spree_multi_lingual

    There is no 2.0 branch, but there's no reason you couldn't create one and then PR it.

    Dana
    I understand i18n support in Spree 2.0 is great. However, what about translations of data for storefront if it is bi-lingual e.g. product name (in English as well as Arabic). Is there any support for this in Spree 2.0 or is there any guideline/suggestion?

    Thanks
  • Matteo Latini at May 30, 2013 at 6:58 am
    It uses the globalize3 gem so you should be pretty good with default 2.0 behavior.

    http://spreecommerce.com/blog/spree-i18n-model-translations

    --
    Matteo Latini
    http://nebulab.it/

    There is no 2.0 branch, but there's no reason you couldn't create one and then PR it.

    Dana
    I understand i18n support in Spree 2.0 is great. However, what about translations of data for storefront if it is bi-lingual e.g. product name (in English as well as Arabic). Is there any support for this in Spree 2.0 or is there any guideline/suggestion?

    Thanks
  • Brian Quinn at May 30, 2013 at 9:11 am
    The blog post Matteo mentions references the newly extended spree_i18n gem which is the supported way to do Product (and other ) data translations. It's fully up-to-date with Spree 2.0 and will be supported going forward.

    Brian Quinn

    Co-Founder, CTO
    Spree Commerce, Inc.

    It uses the globalize3 gem so you should be pretty good with default 2.0 behavior.

    http://spreecommerce.com/blog/spree-i18n-model-translations

    --
    Matteo Latini
    http://nebulab.it/

    There is no 2.0 branch, but there's no reason you couldn't create one and then PR it.

    Dana

    I understand i18n support in Spree 2.0 is great. However, what about translations of data for storefront if it is bi-lingual e.g. product name (in English as well as Arabic). Is there any support for this in Spree 2.0 or is there any guideline/suggestion?

    Thanks

groupspree-user @
categoriesrubyonrails
postedMay 24, '13 at 9:31a