Hello people, i have and organization question about Overrides.

I read in Spree View Customization (1.6 Organizing Overrides) a suggestion
about how to organize overrides. I read it when 1.0.1 was release.
rdr_theme apply these concept very well with 54 overrides in version 0.1.0.

But i would like to ask if these concept is still present, because in my
project we have more than 60 overrides. I was thinking in some organization
like [controller]_[view].rb and there put all the overrides of these view.
Can anyone give me some advise about these?

Also i am looking for a spree_sitemap_generator for spree 1.0.1. I have
tried from many branches but always get and error.
Can anyone tell me wish could i use for these version of spree?

hugs

--
Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers

Search Discussions

  • John Dyer at Apr 19, 2013 at 4:33 pm
    Take a look at the "Using the Deface DSL" section of the README
    at https://github.com/spree/deface. This sounds like what you want as far
    as organization goes, though the syntax is a bit different.
[...]

  • Nate Lowrie at Apr 19, 2013 at 8:46 pm
    Overrides with deface are still present. My general rule of thumb is to use
    Deface when I need a small change like adding a entry to a navigation tab.
    If I need to do large scale html changes that are pretty much requiring me
    to rewrite the entire view, I will just override the view.
[...]

groupspree-user @
categoriesrubyonrails
postedApr 19, '13 at 4:17p
activeApr 19, '13 at 8:46p
websitespreecommerce.com
irc#RubyOnRails

3 users in discussion

Raul: 1 post John Dyer: 1 post Nate Lowrie: 1 post