So i have my Spree store billing Stripe
using Spree::Gateway::StripeGateway. I am able to process credits cards.

From what I understand looking at the Stripe API docs, I can charge a
customers stored CC by passing their Stripe "customer_id". But to do that,
I need to first store the customers Stripe 'customer_id' into the Spree
database then build in the logic to use the stored 'customer_id' if it
exists. Before I do that, I just want to make this funtionality doesnt
already exist in the depths of the Spree codebase. Thanks!

--
Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers

Search Discussions

  • Ryan Bigg at Apr 17, 2013 at 11:07 pm
    Hello,

    I think this is what the customer_gateway_profile_id field is for within
    the CreditCard table. I don't know for certain if the functionality you're
    asking for does or doesn't exist though. I would recommend looking at the
    code for spree_gateway and investigating if it allows for this feature.

    On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 6:28 AM, overworkedasian
    using Spree::Gateway::StripeGateway. I am able to process credits cards.

    From what I understand looking at the Stripe API docs, I can charge a
    customers stored CC by passing their Stripe "customer_id". But to do that,
    I need to first store the customers Stripe 'customer_id' into the Spree
    database then build in the logic to use the stored 'customer_id' if it
    exists. Before I do that, I just want to make this funtionality doesnt
    already exist in the depths of the Spree codebase. Thanks!

    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers

    --

    Ryan Bigg
    Community Manager
    Spree Commerce, Inc.

    Register now for SpreeConf
    May 20-21 in Washington, D.C.
    http://spreeconf.com

    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers

groupspree-user @
categoriesrubyonrails
postedApr 16, '13 at 8:29p
activeApr 17, '13 at 11:07p
websitespreecommerce.com
irc#RubyOnRails

2 users in discussion

Ryan Bigg: 1 post Overworkedasian: 1 post