I've been building a store that is nearly ready to go to production. The
app has suffered through my learning Spree/Rails (as have the rest of you)
and I have recently migrated from 1.3 to 2.0. Many extensions tried and
then backed out, etc.

I'd like to refresh the Postgres database and make sure that there are no
unused tables, columns, indices, etc.
I'd also like to avoid losing my git repository on the work I have done
thus far.

Are there any recommendations on how to accomplish this without recreating
the project from scratch?

gems used that include database changes are:

gem 'spree_static_content', :github => 'spree/spree_static_content',
:branch => 'master'
gem 'spree_contact_us', :github => 'rterbush/spree_contact_us', :branch =>
'2-0-beta'
gem 'spree-homepager', :github => 'rterbush/spree_homepager'
gem 'spree_wishlist', :github => 'spree/spree_wishlist', :branch => 'master'
gem 'spree_reviews', :github => 'spree/spree_reviews', :branch => 'master'
gem 'spree_mail_chimp', :github => 'rterbush/spree-mail-chimp', :branch =>
'2-0-beta'

As always, I appreciate your help.

--
Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers

Search Discussions

  • Randy Terbush at Apr 14, 2013 at 11:35 pm
    One additional data point here...

    Sunspot reindex of the data went from processing at about 4/sec, to over
    20/sec after rebuilding this database. I'm curious at what point or what
    changes actually caused it to degrade as much as it did.