I agree that this is desirable behavior.

In the context of Spree 2.0, with each stock location, one location might
go away for some period of time for maintenance, holiday, etc. It would be
nice to be able to turn off anything displayed on the site offered from
that location by simply toggling the "active" flag on the location.