I am seeing this too. I just upgraded to 1.3, but I don't think this is
isolated to 1.3.

In jquery.horizontalNav.js, there is a reference to $.browser which has
been deprecated. This causes a javascript error on load and halting binding
of the click events. Since this should be a widespread issue, I am
surprised that not many are complaining.


On Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:11:02 AM UTC-7, ph wrote:

Just upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.2.0...

You give me an advice in the previous post:

"This is happening because the JavaScript isn't being correctly loaded in
the admin for your app. Please make sure you have jquery and jquery-ujs
includes in admin.js.erb."
"Sorry, I meant admin/all.js inside your app at app/assets/javascripts"

It resolves my problem, in fact.
I've added in app/assets/javascripts/admin/all.js
//= require jquery
//= require jquery_ujs

And it was ok. Just strange that it doesn't work directly yesterday, but
only today... Must be an history of caching.

Thank you,

PH

Le mercredi 17 octobre 2012 21:58:00 UTC+2, Ryan Bigg a écrit :
Please provide exact steps to reproduce this issue. It's hard for us to
help you if we don't have any context to work in. Please tell us what you
did for this problem to happen.
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 9:02 PM, ph wrote:

Hello,

Subject was approached here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/spree-user/WEooyFXENZM
I launch a new thread because there is no more link with the initial
subject.

It seems that there's a recurrent issue with javascript in spree:
https://github.com/spree/**spree/issues/1924<https://github.com/spree/spree/issues/1924>

But I've tried the solution proposed by Ryan Bigg, and it doesn't seem
to be enough. All my js function are broken, many remove links don't work,
cause of the lack of javascript.
I've tried to add the lines following lines to app/assets/javascripts/**
admin/all.js:
//= jquery
//= jquery_ujs

But it doesn't resolve the problem. (I've tried to clear the tmp files
by rake tmp:clear, launching another browser to avoid caching... nothing
change).

Is there a solution?

Thank you,

PH


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "Spree" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/spree-user/-/DJbODkC7tbAJ.
To post to this group, send email to spree...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
spree-user+...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/spree-user?hl=en.
--
Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers

Search Discussions

  • Surya at Apr 9, 2013 at 4:48 am
    This is because your jquery written in jquery.horizontalNav.js file has
    $.browser function in it, which has been removed from jquery 1.9. Kindly
    replace it with the updated file or remove that code(which ever doesn't
    contain $.browser).

    See this:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14923301/uncaught-typeerror-cannot-read-property-msie-of-undefined-jquery-tools

    Hope this helps.

    On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Sunil Gowda wrote:

    jquery.horizontalNav.js




    --

    Please consider the environment before printing this email.

    Regards,
    Surya

    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers
  • Ryan Bigg at Apr 9, 2013 at 4:49 am
    It also could do with the version of jquery-rails Sunil is running.
    On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Surya wrote:

    This is because your jquery written in jquery.horizontalNav.js file has
    $.browser function in it, which has been removed from jquery 1.9. Kindly
    replace it with the updated file or remove that code(which ever doesn't
    contain $.browser).
    See this:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14923301/uncaught-typeerror-cannot-read-property-msie-of-undefined-jquery-tools
    Hope this helps.
    On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Sunil Gowda wrote:
    jquery.horizontalNav.js
    --
    Please consider the environment before printing this email.
    Regards,
    Surya
    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers
    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers
  • Surya at Apr 9, 2013 at 4:54 am
    Yes. But, as far as I can see. This issue will come only when you are using
    jquery 1.9 version. And that's only possible if Sunil is using the latest
    as old version doesn't pop up this issue.

    On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Ryan Bigg wrote:

    It also could do with the version of jquery-rails Sunil is running.

    On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Surya wrote:

    This is because your jquery written in jquery.horizontalNav.js file has
    $.browser function in it, which has been removed from jquery 1.9. Kindly
    replace it with the updated file or remove that code(which ever doesn't
    contain $.browser).

    See this:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14923301/uncaught-typeerror-cannot-read-property-msie-of-undefined-jquery-tools

    Hope this helps.

    On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Sunil Gowda wrote:

    jquery.horizontalNav.js




    --

    Please consider the environment before printing this email.

    Regards,
    Surya

    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers

    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers



    --

    Please consider the environment before printing this email.

    Regards,
    Surya

    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers
  • Jet at Apr 9, 2013 at 7:25 am
    I am using a modified fork of 1-3-stable.

    I believe this could be what is causing my error:

    +) Create promotion
    +) Select 'Event' Add to Cart
    +) Select Add Rule of Type 'Products'
    +) Start entering in a product name in 'Choose Products' field

    ---freezes up after about 2nd letter entered, Firebug show 2 'get'
    actions for json method,
    then stops.

    I believe I did see $.browser as the point of the error in the console.

    Interestingly, it seems that similar call is made when searching for a
    product in

    +) Click on 'Orders' button
    +) Click on 'New Orders'
    +) Start entering a product name in the 'Select a Variant' field

    This works fine, which is strange.

    I am using a modified fork of 1-3-stable.

    I have tested this with a bare 1-3-stable install, and there is no problem
    with anything.

    I am using a fork of 1-3-stable that I have modified, but I have also tested
    with the latest 1-3-stable and my app. There is a problem in both
    situations.

    Here is my Gemfile:


    source 'https://rubygems.org'

    gem 'rails', '~> 3.2.12'
    gem 'nokogiri', '~>1.5.0'
    gem 'unicorn'
    gem 'pg'
    gem 'json'
    gem 'journey'
    gem 'railties'

    group :assets do
    gem 'coffee-rails', '~> 3.2.1'
    gem 'jquery-rails' , '~> 2.1.4'

    gem 'coffee-rails', '~> 3.2.1'
    gem 'uglifier', '>= 1.0.3'
    end

    group :development do
    gem 'rspec'
    end

    gem 'syntax' # Used by pretty_routes

    gem "compass" , :git => 'git://github.com/bluehandtalking/compass.git',
    :branch => 'stable'
    gem 'carrierwave'
    gem 'therubyracer', :platform => :ruby
    gem 'sass-rails'

    gem 'capistrano'
    gem 'unicorn'

    gem 'spree', '1.3.37', git: 'git://github.com/bluehandtalking/spree.git',
    branch: '1-3-cherrypick'

    gem 'spree_gateway', :git => 'git://github.com/spree/spree_gateway.git',
    :branch => '1-3-stable'

    gem 'spree_auth_devise', :git =>
    'git://github.com/spree/spree_auth_devise.git',:branch => '1-3-stable'

    gem "spree_product_zoom", :git =>
    "git://github.com/bluehandtalking/spree_product_zoom.git", :branch =>
    '1-1-stable'

    gem 'spree_taxon_splash', :git =>
    "git://github.com/bluehandtalking/spree_taxon_splash.git"

    gem 'spree_static_content', :git =>
    'git://github.com/spree/spree_static_content.git', :branch => '1-3-stable'

    gem 'spree_paypal_express', :git =>
    'git://github.com/spree/spree_paypal_express.git', :branch => '1-3-stable'

    gem 'spree_flexi_variants', :git =>
    'git://github.com/bluehandtalking/spree_flexi_variants.git', :branch =>
    'spree-1-3-stable'

    gem 'spree_tax_cloud', '0.1.19', :git =>
    'git://github.com/bluehandtalking/spree_tax_cloud', :branch => '1-3-stable'

    gem 'active_shipping', :git =>
    'git://github.com/Shopify/active_shipping.git'

    gem 'spree_active_shipping' , :git =>
    'git://github.com/spree/spree_active_shipping.git', :branch => '1-3-stable'

    gem 'spree_mail_chimp', '3.0.24',:git =>
    'git://github.com/bluehandtalking/spree-mail-chimp.git', branch: '1-3-patch'

    gem 'spree_contact_us', :git =>
    'git://github.com/bluehandtalking/spree_contact_us.git'

    gem 'acts_as_commentable', git:
    'git://github.com/jackdempsey/acts_as_commentable.git'

    gem 'spree_comments', '1.0.2', git:
    'git://github.com/bluehandtalking/spree_comments.git'

    gem 'spree_snippets', git:
    'git://github.com/logicbox-com-au/spree-snippets.git'

    gem 'spree_editor', git: "git://github.com/bluehandtalking/spree_editor",
    branch: '1-3-stable'

    gem 'ckeditor', '~> 4.0.2'

    gem 'tinymce-rails-langs'


    Also, thought that

    Issue *#2675*

    pretty well documents and acknowledges that

    jquery.horizontalNav.js

    needs to be fixed?

    Jet

    On Monday, April 8, 2013 9:53:59 PM UTC-7, Surya wrote:

    Yes. But, as far as I can see. This issue will come only when you are
    using jquery 1.9 version. And that's only possible if Sunil is using the
    latest as old version doesn't pop up this issue.


    On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Ryan Bigg <ry...@spreecommerce.com<javascript:>
    wrote:
    It also could do with the version of jquery-rails Sunil is running.


    On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Surya <raj.s...@gmail.com <javascript:>>wrote:
    This is because your jquery written in jquery.horizontalNav.js file has
    $.browser function in it, which has been removed from jquery 1.9. Kindly
    replace it with the updated file or remove that code(which ever doesn't
    contain $.browser).

    See this:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14923301/uncaught-typeerror-cannot-read-property-msie-of-undefined-jquery-tools

    Hope this helps.


    On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Sunil Gowda <sunil...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    wrote:
    jquery.horizontalNav.js




    --

    Please consider the environment before printing this email.

    Regards,
    Surya

    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers

    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers



    --

    Please consider the environment before printing this email.

    Regards,
    Surya
    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers
  • Sunil Gowda at Apr 9, 2013 at 2:48 pm
    But late to reply, but below is my Gemfile. And from my Gemfile.lock,
    jquery-rails is at 2.2.1

    source 'https://rubygems.org'

    gem 'rails', '3.2.11'

    # Bundle edge Rails instead:
    # gem 'rails', :git => 'git://github.com/rails/rails.git'

    # gem 'mysql2'
    gem 'pg'

    # Gems used only for assets and not required
    # in production environments by default.
    group :assets do
    gem 'sass-rails', '~> 3.2.3'
    gem 'coffee-rails', '~> 3.2.1'
    gem 'twitter-bootstrap-rails'
    gem 'less-rails'
    # See https://github.com/sstephenson/execjs#readme for more supported
    runtimes
    # gem 'therubyracer', :platforms => :ruby

    gem 'uglifier', '>= 1.0.3'
    end

    gem 'jquery-rails'
    gem 'wicked' #for store sign up wizard
    gem 'instagram'
    gem 'stamps', :git => 'git://github.com/sunilgowda/stamps.git'

    gem 'devise'
    #gem 'devise-encryptable'

    # To use ActiveModel has_secure_password
    # gem 'bcrypt-ruby', '~> 3.0.0'

    # To use Jbuilder templates for JSON
    # gem 'jbuilder'

    # To use debugger
    # gem 'debugger'
    gem 'delayed_job_active_record'
    gem 'spree_delayed_job'
    gem 'daemons'
    gem 'therubyracer' #only required for 0.70.x or later

    gem 'spree', '1.3.1'
    gem 'spree_gateway', :git => 'git://github.com/spree/spree_gateway.git',
    :branch => '1-3-stable'
    gem 'spree_auth_devise', :git =>
    'git://github.com/spree/spree_auth_devise', :branch => '1-3-stable'
    gem 'spree_social', :git => 'git://github.com/spree/spree_social.git',
    :branch => '1-3-stable'

    #content gems
    gem 'spree_essentials', :git =>
    'git://github.com/shaggyone/spree_essentials.git'
    gem 'spree_essential_blog', :git =>
    'git://github.com/sunilgowda/spree_essential_blog.git', :branch => 'master'
    gem 'spree_essential_cms'
    #gem 'spree_faq', :git => 'git://github.com/sunilgowda/spree-faq.git'
    #gem 'spree_faq'

    group :production, :quality do
    gem 'unicorn'
    end

    group :development do
    gem 'capistrano'
    end

    On Monday, April 8, 2013 9:45:43 PM UTC-7, Ryan Bigg wrote:

    Sunil; please show us your Gemfile.


    On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Sunil Gowda <sunil...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    wrote:
    I am seeing this too. I just upgraded to 1.3, but I don't think this is
    isolated to 1.3.

    In jquery.horizontalNav.js, there is a reference to $.browser which has
    been deprecated. This causes a javascript error on load and halting binding
    of the click events. Since this should be a widespread issue, I am
    surprised that not many are complaining.


    On Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:11:02 AM UTC-7, ph wrote:

    Just upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.2.0...

    You give me an advice in the previous post:

    "This is happening because the JavaScript isn't being correctly loaded
    in the admin for your app. Please make sure you have jquery and jquery-ujs
    includes in admin.js.erb."
    "Sorry, I meant admin/all.js inside your app at app/assets/javascripts"

    It resolves my problem, in fact.
    I've added in app/assets/javascripts/admin/all.js
    //= require jquery
    //= require jquery_ujs

    And it was ok. Just strange that it doesn't work directly yesterday, but
    only today... Must be an history of caching.

    Thank you,

    PH

    Le mercredi 17 octobre 2012 21:58:00 UTC+2, Ryan Bigg a écrit :
    Please provide exact steps to reproduce this issue. It's hard for us to
    help you if we don't have any context to work in. Please tell us what you
    did for this problem to happen.
    On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 9:02 PM, ph wrote:

    Hello,

    Subject was approached here:

    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/spree-user/WEooyFXENZM
    I launch a new thread because there is no more link with the initial
    subject.

    It seems that there's a recurrent issue with javascript in spree:
    https://github.com/spree/**spree/issues/1924<https://github.com/spree/spree/issues/1924>

    But I've tried the solution proposed by Ryan Bigg, and it doesn't seem
    to be enough. All my js function are broken, many remove links don't work,
    cause of the lack of javascript.
    I've tried to add the lines following lines to app/assets/javascripts/
    **admin/all.js:
    //= jquery
    //= jquery_ujs

    But it doesn't resolve the problem. (I've tried to clear the tmp files
    by rake tmp:clear, launching another browser to avoid caching... nothing
    change).

    Is there a solution?

    Thank you,

    PH


    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
    Groups "Spree" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/spree-user/-/DJbODkC7tbAJ.
    To post to this group, send email to spree...@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    spree-user+...@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/spree-user?hl=en.
    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers

    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers
  • Ryan Bigg at Apr 12, 2013 at 4:16 am
    Please update to the latest version of spree 1.3, 1.3.2 and see if that fixes your problem. If that doesn't, try the 1-3-stable branch. If you're still having trouble after that, file an issue on https://github.com/spree/spree/issues please.
    On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM, Sunil Gowda wrote:

    But late to reply, but below is my Gemfile. And from my Gemfile.lock,
    jquery-rails is at 2.2.1
    source 'https://rubygems.org'
    gem 'rails', '3.2.11'
    # Bundle edge Rails instead:
    # gem 'rails', :git => 'git://github.com/rails/rails.git'
    # gem 'mysql2'
    gem 'pg'
    # Gems used only for assets and not required
    # in production environments by default.
    group :assets do
    gem 'sass-rails', '~> 3.2.3'
    gem 'coffee-rails', '~> 3.2.1'
    gem 'twitter-bootstrap-rails'
    gem 'less-rails'
    # See https://github.com/sstephenson/execjs#readme for more supported
    runtimes
    # gem 'therubyracer', :platforms => :ruby
    gem 'uglifier', '>= 1.0.3'
    end
    gem 'jquery-rails'
    gem 'wicked' #for store sign up wizard
    gem 'instagram'
    gem 'stamps', :git => 'git://github.com/sunilgowda/stamps.git'
    gem 'devise'
    #gem 'devise-encryptable'
    # To use ActiveModel has_secure_password
    # gem 'bcrypt-ruby', '~> 3.0.0'
    # To use Jbuilder templates for JSON
    # gem 'jbuilder'
    # To use debugger
    # gem 'debugger'
    gem 'delayed_job_active_record'
    gem 'spree_delayed_job'
    gem 'daemons'
    gem 'therubyracer' #only required for 0.70.x or later
    gem 'spree', '1.3.1'
    gem 'spree_gateway', :git => 'git://github.com/spree/spree_gateway.git',
    :branch => '1-3-stable'
    gem 'spree_auth_devise', :git =>
    'git://github.com/spree/spree_auth_devise', :branch => '1-3-stable'
    gem 'spree_social', :git => 'git://github.com/spree/spree_social.git',
    :branch => '1-3-stable'
    #content gems
    gem 'spree_essentials', :git =>
    'git://github.com/shaggyone/spree_essentials.git'
    gem 'spree_essential_blog', :git =>
    'git://github.com/sunilgowda/spree_essential_blog.git', :branch => 'master'
    gem 'spree_essential_cms'
    #gem 'spree_faq', :git => 'git://github.com/sunilgowda/spree-faq.git'
    #gem 'spree_faq'
    group :production, :quality do
    gem 'unicorn'
    end
    group :development do
    gem 'capistrano'
    end
    On Monday, April 8, 2013 9:45:43 PM UTC-7, Ryan Bigg wrote:

    Sunil; please show us your Gemfile.


    On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Sunil Gowda <sunil...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    wrote:
    I am seeing this too. I just upgraded to 1.3, but I don't think this is
    isolated to 1.3.

    In jquery.horizontalNav.js, there is a reference to $.browser which has
    been deprecated. This causes a javascript error on load and halting binding
    of the click events. Since this should be a widespread issue, I am
    surprised that not many are complaining.


    On Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:11:02 AM UTC-7, ph wrote:

    Just upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.2.0...

    You give me an advice in the previous post:

    "This is happening because the JavaScript isn't being correctly loaded
    in the admin for your app. Please make sure you have jquery and jquery-ujs
    includes in admin.js.erb."
    "Sorry, I meant admin/all.js inside your app at app/assets/javascripts"

    It resolves my problem, in fact.
    I've added in app/assets/javascripts/admin/all.js
    //= require jquery
    //= require jquery_ujs

    And it was ok. Just strange that it doesn't work directly yesterday, but
    only today... Must be an history of caching.

    Thank you,

    PH

    Le mercredi 17 octobre 2012 21:58:00 UTC+2, Ryan Bigg a écrit :
    Please provide exact steps to reproduce this issue. It's hard for us to
    help you if we don't have any context to work in. Please tell us what you
    did for this problem to happen.
    On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 9:02 PM, ph wrote:

    Hello,

    Subject was approached here:

    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/spree-user/WEooyFXENZM
    I launch a new thread because there is no more link with the initial
    subject.

    It seems that there's a recurrent issue with javascript in spree:
    https://github.com/spree/**spree/issues/1924<https://github.com/spree/spree/issues/1924>

    But I've tried the solution proposed by Ryan Bigg, and it doesn't seem
    to be enough. All my js function are broken, many remove links don't work,
    cause of the lack of javascript.
    I've tried to add the lines following lines to app/assets/javascripts/
    **admin/all.js:
    //= jquery
    //= jquery_ujs

    But it doesn't resolve the problem. (I've tried to clear the tmp files
    by rake tmp:clear, launching another browser to avoid caching... nothing
    change).

    Is there a solution?

    Thank you,

    PH


    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
    Groups "Spree" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit
    https://groups.google.com/d/msg/spree-user/-/DJbODkC7tbAJ.
    To post to this group, send email to spree...@googlegroups.com.
    To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
    spree-user+...@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/spree-user?hl=en.
    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers

    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers
    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupspree-user @
categoriesrubyonrails
postedApr 9, '13 at 4:40a
activeApr 12, '13 at 4:16a
posts7
users4
websitespreecommerce.com
irc#RubyOnRails

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase