I've customized the Spree checkout process to include Address and Payment
information on one page with the custom state entitled customer_information.
I'm trying to alter a model through a form needed for processing, through
the Checkout Controller, but I keep getting the following error:

ActiveModel::MassAssignmentSecurity::Error in Spree::CheckoutController#update

All of the attributes in the model are in an attr_accessible block and
config.active.record.whitespace_attributes is set to true in
config/application.rb

I've tried manually assigning the param variables in
CheckoutController#update, as well as in a separate
after_customer_information method, and I keep getting the same error.

Any advice?

  • Ryan Bigg at Mar 27, 2013 at 10:59 pm
    Could you please provide the remainder of that error? It should also list the fields which are not accessible.

    Sent from Mailbox for iPhone
    I've customized the Spree checkout process to include Address and Payment
    information on one page with the custom state entitled customer_information.
    I'm trying to alter a model through a form needed for processing, through
    the Checkout Controller, but I keep getting the following error:
    ActiveModel::MassAssignmentSecurity::Error in Spree::CheckoutController#update
    All of the attributes in the model are in an attr_accessible block and
    config.active.record.whitespace_attributes is set to true in
    config/application.rb
    I've tried manually assigning the param variables in
    CheckoutController#update, as well as in a separate
    after_customer_information method, and I keep getting the same error.
    Any advice?
  • John Hex Carter at Mar 28, 2013 at 1:18 pm
    I actually am having a similar error with customizing another part of the
    project. I'm curious now if StrictSanitizer in ActiveModel is actually
    giving me false positives. Poking around and will give a full report

    Sent from Mailbox <https://bit.ly/SZvoJe> for iPhone

    On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 6:12 AM, John Hex Carter <johnhe...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    I've customized the Spree checkout process to include Address and Payment
    information on one page with the custom state entitled
    customer_information. I'm trying to alter a model through a form needed
    for processing, through the Checkout Controller, but I keep getting the
    following error:

    ActiveModel::MassAssignmentSecurity::Error in Spree::CheckoutController#update

    All of the attributes in the model are in an attr_accessible block and
    config.active.record.whitespace_attributes is set to true in
    config/application.rb

    I've tried manually assigning the param variables in
    CheckoutController#update, as well as in a separate
    after_customer_information method, and I keep getting the same error.

    Any advice?

  • John Hex Carter at Mar 29, 2013 at 8:09 pm
    Turns out I was just handling the params from the form incorrectly. It was
    trying to feed the entire form as an attribute under order. fixed.