Hey all,

I'm running Spree 1.2 on Heroku and am seeing an intermittent issue where
various Spree configurations are suddenly "lost" (resetting to default or
demo store values) but then pop back in again after some time (usually via
a server restart, but even this is not guaranteed). I've seen this happen
for various things such as for the number of products per page in the
admin, the site-wide title string, and my customizations for the missing
image file. This is puzzling because I have all these values hard coded
into config/initializers/spree.rb. Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks in advance,

//Andrew Le

  • Calvin Yu at Mar 18, 2013 at 1:54 am
    Andrew,

    What's your Rails cache store set to? Your issue might be related to this:
    https://github.com/spree/spree/issues/1265.

    Have you contacted Heroku Support to ask why this might be happening? If
    it's only a Heroku-specific issue, I would hope that they would be able to
    shed some light on this.

    I'm running Spree 1.2 on Heroku and am seeing an intermittent issue where
    various Spree configurations are suddenly "lost" (resetting to default or
    demo store values) but then pop back in again after some time (usually via
    a server restart, but even this is not guaranteed). I've seen this happen
    for various things such as for the number of products per page in the
    admin, the site-wide title string, and my customizations for the missing
    image file. This is puzzling because I have all these values hard coded
    into config/initializers/spree.rb. Any ideas as to what might be going on?

    Thanks in advance,

    //Andrew Le

    Ryan Bigg
    Community Manager