Hi all,

I'm currently using Spree 1.2 with Ruby 1.9.3.

I have an additional field called 'tags' that I would like to add to a
product. I'm just wondering how I can extend the product search so that it
looks within this field for more keywords? Ideally I only want one field
that looks within the product title, description and 'tags' columns. I
can't find a search method within the product model to override?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

  • Michael Bianco at Mar 18, 2013 at 7:57 pm
    For advanced searching support I would recommend looking at a more robust
    searching server, such as Solr, in combination with the
    spree_sunspot_search extension
    (https://github.com/jbrien/spree_sunspot_search).

    - Mike