Has anyone successfully implemented Braintree Vault or Authorize.net CIM or
any other tokenized payment storage solution to avoid having users re-enter
payment info when placing future orders?

  • Schof at Mar 12, 2013 at 9:47 pm
    The spree_gateway extension has Authorize.net CIM for sure and I think it
    has full Braintree support as well. There's plenty of precedent for using
    both of these products with Spree.

    Sean

    Register now for SpreeConf
    May 20-21 in Washington, D.C.
    http://spreeconf.com
    I'll be tackling that later this week or next. My plan would be to modify
    this extension:

    https://github.com/jsqu99/spree_reuse_credit_card

    On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM, Stefan Wrobel <swr...@gmail.com<javascript:>
    Has anyone successfully implemented Braintree Vault or Authorize.net CIM
    or any other tokenized payment storage solution to avoid having users
    re-enter payment info when placing future orders?

  • Stefan Wrobel at Mar 18, 2013 at 4:35 pm
    @Calvin, thanks, keep this thread updated with your progress!

    @schof, I think you misunderstood the question, I know Braintree is
    supported for one-time payments but I don't see any support anywhere in
    Spree for users to store credit cards for later use. Correct me if I'm
    wrong.
    The spree_gateway extension has Authorize.net CIM for sure and I think it
    has full Braintree support as well. There's plenty of precedent for using
    both of these products with Spree.

    Sean

    Register now for SpreeConf
    May 20-21 in Washington, D.C.
    http://spreeconf.com
    I'll be tackling that later this week or next. My plan would be to
    modify this extension:

    https://github.com/jsqu99/spree_reuse_credit_card

    Has anyone successfully implemented Braintree Vault or Authorize.net CIM
    or any other tokenized payment storage solution to avoid having users
    re-enter payment info when placing future orders?

  • Ryan Bigg at Mar 19, 2013 at 1:19 am
    Stefan: you're right that we're not storing data for later use. This sounds
    like a good idea for a patch to spree_gateway.

    https://github.com/jsqu99/**spree_reuse_credit_card<https://github.com/jsqu99/spree_reuse_credit_card>

    Has anyone successfully implemented Braintree Vault or Authorize.net
    CIM or any other tokenized payment storage solution to avoid having users
    re-enter payment info when placing future orders?

    .

    Ryan Bigg
    Community Manager
    Spree Commerce, Inc.