Hi,
am facing the same problem did any one get a solution?
any help will be appreciated

On Tuesday, 17 November 2009 13:58:37 UTC+3, Gavin Montague wrote:

Hi,

I wonder if I could pick the collective brains as to the best way of
adding a "giftwrap" option at checkout?

My initial thought was to create a product with variants for each
style of wrapping and then add this as a line item late in the
checkout process. However, I can't help but feel that this is quite
an inelegant solution and I probably ought to be using a custom
calculator in the same way as a discount (but in reverse), although I
can't quite see how this would hook in.

Gift wrapping isn't a shipping option, in so far as it's available on
*all* orders regardless of shipping, but it is optional. So it makes
sense for me to have it as a separate 'thing' during checkout.

Any wisdom would be appreciated.