the current code in frontend used to display the orderis :
app/views/spree/orders/show

..
<% if params.has_key? :checkout_complete %>
<h1><%= t(:thank_you_for_your_order) %></h1>
<% end %>
<%= render :partial => 'spree/shared/order_details', :locals => { :order
=> @order } %>
but my shipping ( and billing) addresses are not rendered as they should
(i.e using order_details )
I just get

<h6>Shipping Address </h6>

and not the complete address as it should be ( i.e. according to partial
in core shared/address )

I tested w an Override in use my own summary partial rendering the
pree/shared/order_details
Deface::Override.new(
:virtual_path => %q{spree/orders/show},
:name => %q{replace_order_summary},
:replace =>%q{#order[data-hook]},
:closing_selector => %q{},
:partial => %q{my_store/orders/summary}
)

in "my_store/orders/summary" I am also using:
<%= render :partial => 'spree/shared/order_details', :locals => { :order
=> @order } %>
same issue ..

BUT If I use also my own order_details view
<%= render :partial => 'my_store/shared/order_details', :locals => {
:order => @order } %>
then I get it right.. full address display ( i.e. according to partial
in core shared/address )

what's wrong with the : spree/shared/order_details
I don't have any other override on the order...

Is it a bug ? I doubt... as may Spree users should get the full addresses
on their order show...

  • Ryan Bigg at Mar 1, 2013 at 2:25 pm
    Hi Erwin,

    Could you please provide accurate steps to reproduce this issue that you're
    seeing please?