Hello good Spree people,

I was wondering, does spree support somekind of advanced meta
keyword/description search in its basic search?

let me clarify, lets say all products are well tagged. Can a customer
search for "tshirt for girl" or "socks for kids", and results would return
all tshirts for girls or socks for kids?
Is use of Solr necessary for that?

Thanks, cheers :)

  • Ryan Bigg at Feb 27, 2013 at 4:22 pm
    Hey escaper,

    Nope we don't support anything like that. I would recommend looking into
    enhancing Spree's search using elastic search or Thinking Sphinx.

    I was wondering, does spree support somekind of advanced meta
    keyword/description search in its basic search?

    let me clarify, lets say all products are well tagged. Can a customer
    search for "tshirt for girl" or "socks for kids", and results would return
    all tshirts for girls or socks for kids?
    Is use of Solr necessary for that?

    Thanks, cheers :)

  • Michael Bianco at Feb 27, 2013 at 9:19 pm
    Escaper,

    Take a look at this
    extension: https://github.com/iloveitaly/spree_sunspot_search

    I'm using it in production and it works great (description + title search,
    faceting, etc).

    - Mike