I have a request to quote a spree upgrade project for a system developed by
someone else. The tricky part is that I have no access to the source code.
What I know:
- current version is 0.6, the goal is to take it to the current 1.3
- about 10 models in the app/models folder
- no custom developed extensions or plugins is involved
- two community plugins had been used.

I am asking to voice your opinion here on how much time such work should
take. Thank you.

  • Michael Bianco at Feb 22, 2013 at 9:33 pm
    Without looking at the code, and all the extensions, it's really hard to
    guess how much time it would take. Most likely, it would be a fairly large
    project.

    - Mike
    I have a request to quote a spree upgrade project for a system developed
    by someone else. The tricky part is that I have no access to the source
    code. What I know:
    - current version is 0.6, the goal is to take it to the current 1.3
    - about 10 models in the app/models folder
    - no custom developed extensions or plugins is involved
    - two community plugins had been used.

    I am asking to voice your opinion here on how much time such work should
    take. Thank you.
  • Steve Root at Feb 25, 2013 at 4:06 pm
    I went from 0.7 to 1.00 some time ago and wrote it up
    here: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/spree-user/JD2OY-Oo7YA/discussion

    However, In the end, I scrapped it and started from scratch... it was
    faster to start over than solve all the problems my view customisations in
    0.7 introduced.