Do you have some steps to reproduce this issue? Is it just only on the
1-3-stable branch?

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Calvin Yu wrote:

We just upgraded to the Spree 1.3 stable branch and we're seeing an issue
where the select2 box for Option Types is not visible. The select2 library
seems to be working fine (it works on all the other drop downs on that
form). When I inspect that DOM, I'm seeing the select2 elements being
created, but they're classified with select2-offscreen:

select2-offscreen" id="s2id_product_option_type_ids">...

It's unclear to me what triggers the offscreen class to be removed.

Has anyone seen this issue and came up with a fix?

Thanks,
Calvin

  • Calvin Yu at Feb 20, 2013 at 3:05 am
    Just edit a product (granted our product form is heavily customized), but
    I'm pretty sure its not anything we're doing.

    A colleague was able to fix the issue by removing the following from
    spree/admin/products/_form.html.erb:

    $("#product_option_type_ids").select2();

    Looks like the issue is caused by competing code trying to run the select2
    plugin on that field. The other code in play is in
    assets/javascripts/admin/spree-select2.js.erb:

    $('select.select2').select2({
    allowClear: true
    });

    Do you have some steps to reproduce this issue? Is it just only on the
    1-3-stable branch?

    We just upgraded to the Spree 1.3 stable branch and we're seeing an issue
    where the select2 box for Option Types is not visible. The select2 library
    seems to be working fine (it works on all the other drop downs on that
    form). When I inspect that DOM, I'm seeing the select2 elements being
    created, but they're classified with select2-offscreen:

    select2-offscreen" id="s2id_product_option_type_ids">...

    It's unclear to me what triggers the offscreen class to be removed.

    Has anyone seen this issue and came up with a fix?

    Thanks,
    Calvin

  • Giulliano Bueno at Feb 20, 2013 at 5:13 pm
    I solved the problem removing the select2 css class from the field on my
    override _form.html.erb.

    On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Ryan Bigg <ry...@spreecommerce.com<javascript:>

    On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Calvin Yu <csy...@gmail.com<javascript:>