here: http://spreecommerce.com/resources/hosting as I am hosting using
Rackspace and have never deployed a spree store before, but am having
difficulties with odd vagueness (as the above link suggests referencing
the “Deployment Guide” but does not link to which guid they speak of).
I blame all the nonsense on ignorance on my part - if someone could
summarize for me that'd be great.
- I have a fresh Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server running and I intend on having
my store and the database hosted on the same server.
- I fill out the form for Spree Deployment service and get a bash curl
command that looks like this: bash < <(curl -s
- I run that command from my root directory as a root user on my server.
- Then I copy the Capistrano script generated on the Spree Deployment
page and use that as my deploy.rb.
- From my computer I run `cap deploy:setup`
- Then I run` cap deploy`
- Then I get errors every time I run it and each time the error is very
similar to this, I say similar because the "20130215192720" number appears
to be different each time.
* executing "cd -- /data/my_app/releases/20130215192720 && bundle exec
rake RAILS_ENV=production RAILS_GROUPS=assets assets:precompile && cp --
[126.96.36.199] executing command
** [out :: 188.8.131.52] rake aborted!
** [out :: 184.108.40.206] No such file or directory -
. . . etc. . .
I don't bother carrying on from this point because I appear to be doing
Am I at least following the right steps? Am I completely misunderstanding
how I should be using this Spree Deployment service? What am I doing wrong
* If it matters, the Spree Deployment Service appears note my
"STATUS:Reported as 'failed' 9 minutes ago." (or any minutes ago) after I
run the bash curl command the first time and then it offers me an 'update'
command. Not sure what, if anything, I should be doing with this
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spree" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.