And there is even a gem for that! : https://github.com/mattsears/stamps

I will post an update after the integration about my experience.

On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:38:53 PM UTC-8, Sunil Gowda wrote:

I guess I wasn't digging deep enough. Stamps.com has a webservices API :
http://developer.stamps.com/developer/api/
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:32:59 PM UTC-8, Sunil Gowda wrote:

Hey All,
I am using Spree to build an consumer-to-consumer ecommerce site. Once
the transaction is complete, I need to generate a shipping label and email
that to the seller. What are my options? As far as I could see,
ActiveShipping supports only retrieving rates, not generating actual
shipment labels.

I have been looking at many shipping services and none appear to provide
an API to generate and retrieve a shipping label as an image/PDF.

The other third party solution providers (Endicia, Stamps.com, TrueShip
and ShipWorks) work on a pull model ..as in..you log on to their system and
trigger a pull. Ideally, after a transaction is complete, I would make a
webservice call to "push" the details over to them and retrieve a shipping
label.

Cheers!
Sunil

  • Randy Terbush at May 17, 2013 at 5:20 pm
    Sunil,

    Any update on your progress?

    --
    Don't miss SpreeConf on May 20-21: http://spreeconf.com
    Spree is hiring: http://spreecommerce.com/careers

    Sunil

    http://developer.stamps.com/**developer/api/<http://developer.stamps.com/developer/api/>
[...]

  • Randy Terbush at May 18, 2013 at 1:26 am
    Anything you can share in the meantime would be appreciated. I have several
    things in front of me and need to make some decisions on priorities. This
    one is on the list. Some idea to help me scope the work would be great.

    Thanks!

    --
[...]

groupspree-user @
categoriesrubyonrails
postedFeb 13, '13 at 5:19a
activeMay 18, '13 at 1:26a
websitespreecommerce.com
irc#RubyOnRails

2 users in discussion

Randy Terbush: 2 posts Sunil Gowda: 2 posts