Hi,

I've copied core files to my app. Changes to css files are updating fine at
/stylesheets/store.

However, any changes to view templates (in particular
layouts/shared/_products) are not updating.

Any ideas?

Cheers

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spree" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to spree-user+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Search Discussions

  • Angela Smith at Feb 10, 2013 at 7:51 am
    Hey Ryan,

    Sorry, I might take a step back. To make large changes to layouts etc, am I
    correct in copying the Spree gem files into my project? I was making
    changes via Deface, but that seems a bit unintuitive when I am going to be
    rewriting a lot of the view structure (adding in carousels etc).

    I've copied this file into my app views folder at the same
    location: /Users/angsmith/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p374/gems/spree_core-1.3.2/app/views/spree/shared

    However when I make changes to it at my app, nothing is updating. I was
    under the impression that copying from the core gem files into my project &
    saving with the same name would overwrite the original Spree file. Is that
    correct?

    Thanks,

    Angela


    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spree" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to spree-user+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Ryan Bigg at Feb 10, 2013 at 7:56 am
    You don't need to copy ALL the assets over, just the ones you wish to modify to an extreme.

    Are you sure this file is at the EXACT same path? If you are and the file really is, then I don't see any reason why it couldn't be working. Hence why I asked for a rails app example, so I could verify it myself.


    On 10/02/2013, at 18:51, Angela Smith wrote:

    Hey Ryan,

    Sorry, I might take a step back. To make large changes to layouts etc, am I correct in copying the Spree gem files into my project? I was making changes via Deface, but that seems a bit unintuitive when I am going to be rewriting a lot of the view structure (adding in carousels etc).

    I've copied this file into my app views folder at the same location: /Users/angsmith/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p374/gems/spree_core-1.3.2/app/views/spree/shared

    However when I make changes to it at my app, nothing is updating. I was under the impression that copying from the core gem files into my project & saving with the same name would overwrite the original Spree file. Is that correct?

    Thanks,

    Angela


    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spree" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to spree-user+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spree" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to spree-user+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Ryan Bigg at Feb 10, 2013 at 8:14 am
    This should be in app/views/spree/shared/_products.html.erb.


    On 10/02/2013, at 19:13, Angela Smith wrote:

    Here's the github link: https://github.com/angelasm1th/hubbed-books.git

    In app/views/shared/_products.html.erb I have removed part of the product class (line 15), but this isn't overwriting on my local dev version. Am I missing something?

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spree" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to spree-user+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spree" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to spree-user+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Angela Smith at Feb 10, 2013 at 8:18 am
    Ahhh got it. Didn't realise that I had to keep the Spree folder.

    Thanks a lot!!
    On Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:14:20 PM UTC+11, Ryan Bigg wrote:

    This should be in app/views/spree/shared/_products.html.erb.



    On 10/02/2013, at 19:13, Angela Smith <angela....@gmail.com <javascript:>>
    wrote:

    Here's the github link: https://github.com/angelasm1th/hubbed-books.git

    In app/views/shared/_products.html.erb I have removed part of the product
    class (line 15), but this isn't overwriting on my local dev version. Am I
    missing something?

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "Spree" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
    email to spree-user+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Spree" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to spree-user+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupspree-user @
categoriesrubyonrails
postedFeb 10, '13 at 7:25a
activeFeb 10, '13 at 8:18a
posts5
users2
websitespreecommerce.com
irc#RubyOnRails

2 users in discussion

Angela Smith: 3 posts Ryan Bigg: 2 posts

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase