<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-NTQKkcQfrcs/UQdyIV1FbbI/AAAAAAAAABs/GlpFO0wOpmU/s1600/Screen+Shot+2013-01-28+at+10.49.29+PM.png>
Any ideas on whats going on here? I've lost the taxon selector on the
admin >product> edit screen and I can figure it out. This started
happening a couple of days ago on 1-3-1-stable installs, fresh as well as
existing after running bundle install. I can't track it down. The only
error I see is "TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating
'e.browser.mozilla')" in the browser (Safari/WebKit) which doesn't seem
relevant.

  • Ryan Bigg at Jan 29, 2013 at 7:47 am
    Please use the jquery-rails 2.1.4 gem. Your problem is caused by the use of jquery 1.9, which is what the jquery-rails 2.2.0 gem uses. Downgrade to 2.1.4 and the problem will go away.

    Any ideas on whats going on here? I've lost the taxon selector on the admin >product> edit screen and I can figure it out. This started happening a couple of days ago on 1-3-1-stable installs, fresh as well as existing after running bundle install. I can't track it down. The only error I see is "TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'e.browser.mozilla')" in the browser (Safari/WebKit) which doesn't seem relevant.
  • Ajfoul at Jan 29, 2013 at 11:08 pm
    Thanks of the super fast reply!
    That totally works in development on my local machine. But on my Amazon
    EC2 instance, in production, it's not working, even though 'bundle show
    jquery-rails' confirms that it's using 2.1.4. I must be missing
    something...
    Please use the jquery-rails 2.1.4 gem. Your problem is caused by the use
    of jquery 1.9, which is what the jquery-rails 2.2.0 gem uses. Downgrade to
    2.1.4 and the problem will go away.

    Any ideas on whats going on here? I've lost the taxon selector on the
    admin >product> edit screen and I can figure it out. This started
    happening a couple of days ago on 1-3-1-stable installs, fresh as well as
    existing after running bundle install. I can't track it down. The only
    error I see is "TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating
    'e.browser.mozilla')" in the browser (Safari/WebKit) which doesn't seem
    relevant.

  • Ajfoul at Jan 29, 2013 at 11:08 pm
    Never mind re production. I'm an idiot and forgot to asset:clean and
    recompile...doh!
    Any ideas on whats going on here? I've lost the taxon selector on the
    admin >product> edit screen and I can figure it out. This started
    happening a couple of days ago on 1-3-1-stable installs, fresh as well as
    existing after running bundle install. I can't track it down. The only
    error I see is "TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating
    'e.browser.mozilla')" in the browser (Safari/WebKit) which doesn't seem
    relevant.
  • Ryan Bigg at Jan 30, 2013 at 4:03 am
    Great to hear that you solved it :)