I'm attempting to see if I need to build a custom calculator for the
following scenario:

I have one product with four variants. I need to assign a flat rate to each
variant (not based on weight or size) and assign flexible shipping based on
this flat rate:

*variant 1: $1.00 flat rate + $0.15 for any additional item*
*variant 2: $2.00 flat rate + $0.25 for any additional item*
*variant 3: $3.00 flat rate + $0.35 for any additional item*
*variant 4: $4.00 flat rate + $0.45 for any additional item*

If a user purchases any of the above variants, I want to calculate shipping
based on the highest-numbered variant's flexible rate.

Example:

*Cart 1*
item: variant 3 x 1
shipping: $3.00

*Cart 2*
item: variant 3 x 2
item: variant 1 x 1
shipping: $3.00 + $0.35 + $0.35

*Cart 3*
item: variant 4 x 1
item: variant 2 x 3
shipping: $4.00 + $0.40 + 0.40 + 0.40

I'm not sure I can tie the default flexible rate calculator to the
variants, but I wanted to see if I was missing an obvious setting, first.
Any thoughts?

  • Ryan Bigg at Jan 22, 2013 at 10:29 pm
    I don't think that there's anything in Spree that would supply this
    calculator for you. You will have to build it yourself.

[...]

  • Randy Burgess at Jan 22, 2013 at 11:38 pm
    Thanks for the response, Ryan. I'm looking into building a new calculator
    for this scenario.

    rb

    Randy Burgess
    773-551-6808 <rb@jbrb.com>

[...]

groupspree-user @
categoriesrubyonrails
postedJan 21, '13 at 5:27p
activeJan 22, '13 at 11:38p
websitespreecommerce.com
irc#RubyOnRails

2 users in discussion

Randy Burgess: 2 posts Ryan Bigg: 1 post