We need our users (anonymous or authenticated) to be able to browse between
our main Rails app and the Spree Engine (mounted at "/store") while
maintaining the same session and order that's been created after they hit
the cart the first time.

For some reason, when a user hits the cart at "/store/cart" and goes back
to the main app, like the root at "/", the session cookie is lost and the
next visit to the store cart is considered a new order by Spree.

We've tested this by inserting a debugger call in the
Application_Controller and viewing the session object for each request. The
session object is suddenly cleared out once a request is made outside of
any Spree routes.

Is this behavior by design and does anyone know of a workaround to keep the
session cookie alive when moving between the main app and the spree engine?

Rails Version: 3.2.11
Spree Version: 1.2.2

  • Ryan Bigg at Jan 11, 2013 at 5:06 am
    Interesting. Could you please file an issue on
    https://github.com/spree/spree/issues with the text of your post? Just so
    we can keep track of it along with other issues.

    Thanks!