Please use the 1-3-stable branch of spree_auth_devise.

On 10/01/2013, at 4:22, Hector Villarreal wrote:

Hello all,

I've recently upgraded to rails 3.2.11 as per the recommendations of the community, however, I'm having some gem compatibility and startup issues.

First, there as the issue of devise-encryptable depending on a different version of devise than spree_auth_devise. When I did the bundle update, I got the following message:

Bundler could not find compatible versions for gem "devise":
In Gemfile:
devise-encryptable (>= 0) ruby depends on
devise (~> 2.1) ruby

spree_auth_devise (>= 0) ruby depends on
devise (2.0.4)

I looked at the spree_auth_devise code and discovered that only the 'master' branch depends on devise > 2.1
so, I added to my gemfile:

gem 'spree_auth_devise', :git => 'git://github.com/spree/spree_auth_devise', :branch => 'master'

But now, when I try to start the server, I get the following stacktrace:

... /bundler/gems/spree_auth_devise-9e6f3977def2/app/models/spree/current_order_decorator.rb:1:in `<top (required)>': uninitialized constant Spree::Core::CurrentOrder (NameError)
from /Users/hvs/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-head@camprcm/bundler/gems/spree_auth_devise-9e6f3977def2/lib/spree/auth/engine.rb:13:in `block in activate'
from /Users/hvs/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-head@camprcm/bundler/gems/spree_auth_devise-9e6f3977def2/lib/spree/auth/engine.rb:12:in `glob'
from /Users/hvs/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-head@camprcm/bundler/gems/spree_auth_devise-9e6f3977def2/lib/spree/auth/engine.rb:12:in `activate'
from /Users/hvs/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-head@camprcm/gems/activesupport-3.2.11/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:506:in `_run__3462461948457656095__prepare__1145778213377730135__callbacks'

I'm kinda stuck at the moment and probably will downgrade spree to the version I had before.

Maybe the problems aren't related and this is a sparate (real) issue.

Could you guys point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

  • Hector Villarreal at Jan 10, 2013 at 7:07 pm
    Ok, I was upgrading spree from a 1.2.x release to 1.3.1 directly and
    apparently that caused some issues...

    I upgraded to 1.2.3 and it worked fine.

    Thanks!
    Please use the 1-3-stable branch of spree_auth_devise.

    On 10/01/2013, at 4:22, Hector Villarreal <hect...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
    I've recently upgraded to rails 3.2.11 as per the recommendations of the
    community, however, I'm having some gem compatibility and startup issues.

    First, there as the issue of devise-encryptable depending on a different
    version of devise than spree_auth_devise. When I did the bundle update, I
    got the following message:

    *Bundler could not find compatible versions for gem "devise":*
    * In Gemfile:*
    * devise-encryptable (>= 0) ruby depends on*
    * devise (~> 2.1) ruby*
    *
    *
    * spree_auth_devise (>= 0) ruby depends on*
    * devise (2.0.4)*

    I looked at the spree_auth_devise code and discovered that only the
    'master' branch depends on devise > 2.1
    so, I added to my gemfile:

    *gem 'spree_auth_devise', :git => 'git://
    github.com/spree/spree_auth_devise', :branch => 'master'
    *

    But now, when I try to start the server, I get the following stacktrace:

    *...
[...]

    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/spree-user?hl=en.