Just curious if people are successfully using current version
of spree mail chimp extension with Spree 1-1-stable.

It has a dependency of hominid '~> 3.0.0'. When my app hits
the subscriptions_controller.rb it complains about

Hominid::ListError

self.class.benchmark

MailChimpSync::Sync::mc_subscription_opts

I noticed in some research that Hominid::ListError is a class
that was in version 2.0.1 of Hominid but is not in the current
version 3.0.5

Not sure where MailChimpSync is coming from.

If no suggestions on getting this to work, would be interested in
alternatives to easily incorporating MailChimp into Spree.

Thanks!

jet

  • Paul damer at Jan 4, 2013 at 4:49 pm
    I've had pretty good luck just using the gibbon gem to interface with
    mailchimp directly. It doesn't take a lot of code.

    gb = Gibbon.new(Spree::Config[:mailchimp_api_key])
    gb.list_subscribe(:id => Spree::Config[:mailchimp_list_id],
    :email_address => email, :send_welcome => send_welcome_email,
    :double_optin => false)

    Cheers,
    Paul

    Just curious if people are successfully using current version
    of spree mail chimp extension with Spree 1-1-stable.

    It has a dependency of hominid '~> 3.0.0'. When my app hits
    the subscriptions_controller.rb it complains about

    Hominid::ListError

    self.class.benchmark

    MailChimpSync::Sync::mc_subscription_opts

    I noticed in some research that Hominid::ListError is a class
    that was in version 2.0.1 of Hominid but is not in the current
    version 3.0.5

    Not sure where MailChimpSync is coming from.

    If no suggestions on getting this to work, would be interested in
    alternatives to easily incorporating MailChimp into Spree.

    Thanks!

    jet

  • Sbeam at Jan 4, 2013 at 8:56 pm
    I'm the original author of that, it was originally done for a Spree 0.11
    site and has been updated by a few contributors since. If you just need the
    below, then you should do as suggested with gibbon. The extension does
    bring in some javascript to put a AJAX-y 'Subscribe to our Newsletter'
    field in the footer, and an admin panel to set the API keys, but this may
    not be a real requirement for you.

    As far as the Hominid::ListError, etc, will follow up via the github issue
    you filed.

    regards,
    Sam

    On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Jet <j...@whidbey.com <javascript:>>
    Just curious if people are successfully using current version
    of spree mail chimp extension with Spree 1-1-stable.

    It has a dependency of hominid '~> 3.0.0'. When my app hits
    the subscriptions_controller.rb it complains about

    Hominid::ListError

    self.class.benchmark

    MailChimpSync::Sync::mc_subscription_opts

    I noticed in some research that Hominid::ListError is a class
    that was in version 2.0.1 of Hominid but is not in the current
    version 3.0.5

    Not sure where MailChimpSync is coming from.

    If no suggestions on getting this to work, would be interested in
    alternatives to easily incorporating MailChimp into Spree.

    Thanks!

    jet

  • Alberto Vena at Jan 5, 2013 at 1:02 am
    We are successfully using our fork of this extension with an app which uses spree 1.1.2 .
    This is the repo link: https://github.com/nebulab/spree-mail-chimp

    Hope this helps.
    Cheers

    --
    Alberto Vena

    http://nebulab.it/

[...]

  • Jet at Jan 6, 2013 at 12:30 am
    Hi Alberto,

    thanks for reference, it did work!

    One thing that didn't work is the dialogue message showing that a person
    has been subscribed, or there were errors. In

    create.js.erb

    Did you get a solution for that working, as the code in your repository
    did not work for me regarding the dialog box.

    I did patch in the busy_indicator, but no luck on the dialog.

    Thanks!

    Jet

    Any ideas on this?

    Thanks!