Hey guys

I tried to deploy spree using the deployment service(beta) on amazon ec2
hs1.8x.large instance running ubuntu 12.04.1

screen caps of the deployment dashboard are below. I ran the initialize
configuration after doing sudo -i (for root permissions)
and then the update configuration. I try to run the ec2 url,
ec2-23-23-193-247.compute-1.amazonaws.com but it does not seem to be
working.

The ec2 instance was freshly created and the first thing I did was to run
the spree deployement service. Any help would be highly appreciated. I am
willing to document the solution(steps for configuring spree on amazon ec2)
and contribute back to the spree documentation.

Regards
Sidharth

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-t3Nd7g5knsc/UNc1BzsBebI/AAAAAAAAA-w/PMNKbiGI434/s1600/Selection_003.png><https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-8mxvTK6DEGQ/UNc1Munq6_I/AAAAAAAAA-8/HQ57W5KpvDw/s1600/Selection_002.png><https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-8mxvTK6DEGQ/UNc1Munq6_I/AAAAAAAAA-8/HQ57W5KpvDw/s1600/Selection_002.png>

  • Sidharth madan at Dec 27, 2012 at 6:41 am
    guys, anyone?
[...]

  • Ryan Bigg at Dec 27, 2012 at 7:05 am
    Hi Sidharth,

    You're asking a question at the rough end of the year when everyone is busy. Please be patient while waiting for a response.

    I tried to deploy spree using the deployment service(beta) on amazon ec2 hs1.8x.large instance running ubuntu 12.04.1

    screen caps of the deployment dashboard are below. I ran the initialize configuration after doing sudo -i (for root permissions)
    and then the update configuration. I try to run the ec2 url, ec2-23-23-193-247.compute-1.amazonaws.com but it does not seem to be working.

    The ec2 instance was freshly created and the first thing I did was to run the spree deployement service. Any help would be highly appreciated. I am willing to document the solution(steps for configuring spree on amazon ec2) and contribute back to the spree documentation.

    Regards
    Sidharth

  • Sidharth madan at Dec 27, 2012 at 7:06 am
    No hurries, Merry Christmas!
[...]

    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/spree-user?hl=en.

  • Sidharth madan at Dec 28, 2012 at 10:19 am
    Hi Ryan
    Bitnami has a free, ready to run image for running Spree(1.2.0-1) on
    Amazon EC2
    https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B007IKXWXW/ref=srh_res_product_title?ie=UTF8&sr=0-2&qid=1356689237521

    This is gonna get me going for a while. I believe this should be added to
    the documentation.

    On 24/12/2012, at 3:19, sidharth madan <sidhar...@gmail.com <javascript:>>