I wanted to announce here my blog post on setting up a vagrant vm with all
of the Spree
dependencies: http://www.binaryphile.com/spree/a-vagrant-box-for-spree-development/

If you're new to Spree or Rails development, you'll find this useful. If
you're on a Windows platform like me, you'll find it more than useful, it's
a lifesaver because running Rails on Windows can be excrutiating (at least,
it has been for me).

Folks who already have a working dev environment may find it handy as well,
since spinning up a brand new vm when you're working on a new project (such
as an upgrade) can make sure there are no complications from rvm or bundler
caches.

Try it out and let me know if you have any issues.

  • Nate Lowrie at Dec 21, 2012 at 1:27 pm
    This sounds really nice. I think that it would be handy if on the
    SpreeCommerce site we offered an official VM with a local baseline spree
    instance configured. It would definitely solve some of the new
    installation problems.

    Regards,

    Nate