Hi,

I'd like to set the default http://<store_site>/products url to my own
(localized) version.

I did found it is stored in Spree's products_path attribute.

What is the "proper" way to set its value ? Where has the setting to be
done ?

Thanks.

David

  • Ryan Bigg at Dec 20, 2012 at 3:34 am
    You need to set this in your application's routes file using this code:

    Spree::Core::Engine.routes.prepend do
    resources :products, :path => "/productos"
    end

    Note that this will draw two sets of the products routes on
    Spree::Core::Engine's router, meaning that people will be able to access it
    by both /products and /productos.

    I don't know of a way to "undraw" routes.

    I did found it is stored in Spree's products_path attribute.

    What is the "proper" way to set its value ? Where has the setting to be
    done ?

    Thanks.

    David

  • David Unric at Dec 20, 2012 at 9:12 am
    Thanks Ryan, your solution does work.
    I'm also curious how to replace the path instead of prepending it ?

    On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM, David Unric <dunr...@gmail.com<javascript:>

    I'd like to set the default http://<store_site>/products url to my own
    (localized) version.

    I did found it is stored in Spree's products_path attribute.

    What is the "proper" way to set its value ? Where has the setting to be
    done ?

    Thanks.

    David

    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/spree-user?hl=en.
  • Ryan Bigg at Dec 20, 2012 at 10:20 pm
    I don't think you can replace it using Rails. The best you could do is set
    up a RewriteRule using apache or the equivalent in nginx to redirect people
    from /products to /productos.

    I'm also curious how to replace the path instead of prepending it ?

    You need to set this in your application's routes file using this code:

    Spree::Core::Engine.routes.**prepend do
    resources :products, :path => "/productos"
    end

    Note that this will draw two sets of the products routes on
    Spree::Core::Engine's router, meaning that people will be able to access it
    by both /products and /productos.

    I don't know of a way to "undraw" routes.

    I did found it is stored in Spree's products_path attribute.

    What is the "proper" way to set its value ? Where has the setting to be
    done ?

    Thanks.

    David

    googlegroups.com.

    group/spree-user?hl=en <http://groups.google.com/group/spree-user?hl=en>
    .
    For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/spree-user?hl=en.
  • Nate Lowrie at Dec 21, 2012 at 1:17 pm
    Could you use the spree_redirects gem for this?

    On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM, David Unric <dunr...@gmail.com<javascript:>
[...]

  • Ryan Bigg at Jan 3, 2013 at 5:52 am
    Yeah, I think that'd be a possibility.

    On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Nate Lowrie
[...]

  • Nate Lowrie at Jan 3, 2013 at 1:05 pm
    On second thought, if I was doing this I would just use the rack-rewrite
    gem and put 301 redirects there...
[...]

  • David Unric at Dec 20, 2012 at 10:25 am
    Hi,

    now I tried to customize /cart url in the same way but it does not work.
    Any idea how to replace cart_path ?

    Thx.